Tuesday, August 17, 2010

re-create.

If you've been following my blog, (1. I love you, and 2. thank you!) then you have noticed I did a little re-vamping and re-decorating. I wanted it to be a little more real and an insight into my life. That's why I renamed it and have decided to define my blog a little more. I hope to include more of my photography (my new passion!) for people to enjoy, and give a peek into what's going on in this head of mine and my day-to-day life.

On the subject of re-creation, (and I don't mean fun and games...) with the approach of a new school year comes a new beginning. It's not like I'm going to a new school, having to make new friends, and getting used to a new way of life, but every beginning gets me a little giddy. As I peruse websites of my favorite stores with new fall fashions, revisit pictures from my freshman year, and order my textbooks, I can't help but get excited about a new school year. Who wouldn't?

I was talking with a close friend about college and the personal growth that one experiences over its expanse. This particular friend had a rough freshman year and basically re-invented herself (in a good sense) as she approached her sophomore year over the summer. Now, I'm not looking for a extreme makeover or a new group of friends, but a little change and growth would do me good. I am looking forward this year to finding my niche in my studies, and putting myself out there to meet people I wouldn't have otherwise.

This is the year that I really need to decide what I want to do with my life. Okay, that's a little extreme, but this is the year I need to evaluate my strengths and weakness and sit down with someone who knows what they're talking about and just talk about how to move in the right direction. Do I want to travel junior year? Get an internship this summer?

Lots of questions that can't be answered at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment