Monday, October 25, 2010

we are family.

So last week, I got a little sister! No, not in the way you may think. I always asked my mom for a little brother or sister, but my mother always insisted that she and my dad did just fine with me so why have another kid around? So, Lauren Dougherty, thank you for being the little sister my parents would never give me!

Confused yet? Last week was Big/Little week for ZTA here at Wofford, and I had the BEST time doing stuff for my new ZTA Little sister, Lauren. Since spring break of last year, I have been buying stuff to put in baskets to give to my nameless Little for three days. After bid day, I felt like I knew a ton of the fabulous new freshmen we got, but I hadn't bonded on a serious level with any girls until a certain point when Lauren and I just clicked. I don't know what happened, but I love that my Little would travel to Italy with me just to eat pasta everyday, will hang out on the weekends and watch TLC instead of going to the Row, loves Jesus, and has a sweet boyfriend back home she loves but also knows how to have fun with her friends. I loved surprising her with amazing gifts and am kind of kicking myself for not taking pictures of my baskets, but whatever.

Getting a Little I love is really special to me for quite a few reasons. My ZTA family is a little crazy, and I will try to explain. My Big, Emily, had to transfer for health reasons, and even before that she had to temporarily withdraw from Wofford for those same reasons. My GrandBig went abroad and I found out this year she transferred to her school in Australia, and my Great GrandBig, Jessica, graduated last year! Jessica really took me under her wing when the rest of our family went their separate ways and I bonded with her so much and miss her daily. That being said, this whole semester I have been "alone" ZTA family wise and never really got the experience of spending lots of time with my Big since she wasn't well (not to say we're not super close still!) but it will be so nice to spend time with Lauren all the time. My Big's roommate and my friend Allie M. agreed to adopt me, and I became a "twin" with my friend Julie! Julie and I anxiously awaited the new additions to our great family.

Big/Little reveal wasn't a huge surprise to us since we both knew what was coming, but it was still fun to make it official. Our huge family (with two new Littles!) went out to eat and bonded. So Lauren, if you're reading this, I love you lots and I'm so happy you're a new addition to the best ZTA family ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment