ANYWAYYYYYS, today I ate in Zachs and the staff were playing Christmas music. CHRISTMAS. MUSIC. It is currently November 18. Now, I love christmas as much as the next guy, but not when it's before Thanksgiving. I feel like stores and Hallmark and everyone go straight from Halloween to Christmas, and I don't think I'm okay with that. It's like Thanksgiving is that kid lacking in coordination that's picked as an afterthought for the kickball team (welcome to my elementary years, for real). Hardy-har.
All joking put aside, I think Thanksgiving is a wonderful time to celebrate all that is good in life and to give thanks for the many blessings I have been given. Beautiful weather, good food, a break from school... what else do I need to help me appreciate life? In honor of Thanksgiving, I will tell you all 20 things I am thankful for. Some are serious, some are silly, and they are in no particular order, but hopefully if you know me you know where they lie.
1. My family. Not just my mom and dad (even though they have to put up with me all the time), but my hugeee extended family of a bajillion cousins, aunts uncles, grandparents, etc.
2. Starbucks coffee. Especially vanilla cremes and white chocolate mochas. Nothing can make your day like 400 sweet calories worth of milk, coffee, and syrup.
3. My best friends. You know how you are. the 2/3rd of the Trio, my Wofford girls, boyfriend, and my best fwiend. :)
4. Wofford College. I love this place so much. I am so lucky to be able to go to school at such a wonderful institution and learn from such awesome professors and peers and experience so many new things I wouldn't otherwise.
5. My phone. I swear it's connected to my body. I don't go anywhere without it.
6. Good music. Thank you, John Mayer, Coldplay, Matt Wertz, Owl City, DMB, and Justin Bieber (that is not a joke) for providing me with endless hours of entertainment and serenity.
7. Taco Casa. My favorite restaurant, grease and all.
8. My dogs. My sweet, blind, diabetic, deaf, Scout (poor buddy) and my little spunky Roxi. And I will always love and miss silly and fluffy Babe.
9. My SLR camera. It's my pride and joy and I love playing with it, even if I'm not a photo pro yet. YET.
10. My church. I am so lucky to have grown up in such a supportive church family with a youth group and leaders that care so much for me and love me for who I am.
11. T-shirts. Nothing says "today is not my day" like throwing on a t-shirt and jeans. But a brightly colored one makes my day a bit better.
12. My role models. Especially young women in my life who have impacted me in ways I can't even express to them. Claire Carlton, Charlotte Perrow, Jessica Walker, Emilie Land, and Cameron McCraw... that's you.
13. My Mac laptop. I use it everyday for class, communication, and entertainment. It's essential.
14. The opportunity to travel. Not only with my family to places, but roadtrips with friends, and especially to Peru over Interim and other places abroad I am planning on going.
15. My cozy bed. At home and at school. Sleep is good.
16. ZTA. Sometimes I love it, other times not so much. But I would not trade my sisters or the experiences it has given me here at Wofford.
17. Good health. I always want to improve myself, but I am thankful to be overall physically and mentally healthy. That is invaluable. I am also thankful for the good health of my loved ones around me.
18. Food to eat and clothes to wear. Basics, but I take them for granted every single day.
19. Good books. I'm an English major, duh. But I also appreciate cozying up with a girlie novel and reading the afternoon away.
20. Good memories. They never go away. Even if they involve someone I'm not close with anymore, looking at pictures and yearbooks always make me smile.
The list goes on and on, but the point is don't forget to give thanks. It's easy to forget how lucky we are and turn to God only when things aren't going our way, but now is the time when I remind myself that I need to thank Him for all He has given me.