Tuesday, April 26, 2011

grace like rain!

One of my favorite worship songs goes a little like this:

Hallelujah, grace like rain falls down upon me!
Hallelujah- all my stains are washed away!
 

What a perfect song to celebrate the Easter season! How unworthy are we, that Christ paid the price for sinners like us to live everyday with the promise of his love and forgiveness?! It's so amazing. 

Easter is one of my favorite holidays, and it really took just this year for me to realize it. Easter is a celebration of such a wonderful day... imagine being Mary, who just saw one of her best friends crucified in front of her very eyes, saw all his suffering, and then visits his resting place to find his body is gone... WHAT?! But, then, as if that wasn't crazy enough, word on the street is Jesus is alive?! I cannot even fathom the joy in her heart, and this year I made it a point to really imagine Christ as not just my savior, rising from the dead, but as my best friend... it was such a cool way to think about it. 

Then there's the superficial parts of Easter I love so much- dressing up and seeing everyone in their Sunday best, taking pictures in front of the cross at church, wonderful meals and quality time with family, and of course, the obligatory basket from the "Easter bunny" with treats I don't need within a mile radius as a struggle through the last weeks of class. Here's a few pictures from my Easter!


It's tradition to take a pic with Catie on Easter Sunday!

Happy Easter from the Kroske family!

You can dress 'em up, but you can't take 'em out!

  Happy Easter to all! More updates soon!
-RK

No comments:

Post a Comment