Sunday, May 8, 2011

Spring Concert-ing

So I usually don't do two posts in one day, but since this week was so hectic I have some catching up to do!

I survived my week from Hades and this coming week (the last week of classes as a sophomore... wow) is kind of chill, but I also have a little catching up to do and should probably get down to business on some projects and exam studying.

But enough about school. This weekend was literally the first weekend in I don't know how long that I didn't touch schoolwork on Friday or Saturday. It was WONDERFUL. I had a great weekend with lots of friends celebrating a wonderful year!

After a crazy day of class and meetings, Friday afternoon was ZTA's Flip Flop function. The weather was nice, my sweet boyfriend came, and we got to get dressed into fun springy clothes and visit with friends.

My handsome date!


My Little is so beautiful! I don't know what I would do without her.
Saturday was Wofford's annual Spring Concert sponsored by Fun Funds. The main act was the rapper Yung Joc, who was less than awesome. But Perpetual Groove and then Drew Holcombe and the Neighbors also opened up for them. I am now obsessed with Drew & Ellie Holcombe.

Now a husband-wife band, Drew and Ellie were originally just best friends. In fact, Ellie was engaged to another guy. Something changed her mind, though, and she knew that Drew was the right guy to be with. How sweet is that story? It makes me love them even more. My Little, Lauren, and I stood at the friend of stage singing and dancing while they were playing and like the dorks we are, rushed to get a pictures with the band. We had a fabulous time!

Look who ended up at Wofford! Friends from alllll over came!

Drew and Ellie's groupies for life.

Ellie Holcombe, myself, Ellen, Lauren, and Drew Holcombe!

Check out this song. They are awesome. 
"Fire and Dynamite" by Drew Holcombe and the Neighbors

--RK

No comments:

Post a Comment