Tuesday, July 5, 2011

trading spaces, or changing spaces?

I'm not sure how old I was, but I remember being obsessed with TLC's TV show "Trading Spaces"... yeah, that one with Ty Pennington??? Yummy. I always loved watching the room transformations, and that love has translated into my most recent obsession with HGTV. I used to hate it when my mom would watch that channel all the time, but when I have time to watch TV (which isn't often), I often find myself drooling over House Hunters, Income Property, or and Property Brothers. I decided I wanted to re-vamp my room a little bit after being inspired for a little bit a change from these shows.

I can't remember when I first re-did my room, and don't get me wrong, I did like it, but I had just had enough. It was hot pink with lots of black and white and zebra and Audrey Hepburn artwork. Basically, I like everything except the hot pink but wanted a little change. Here's a crappy iPhone pic before we started painting:


Soooo, my dad and I set to work, as I did the trim, he did the rolling of my room. We cleaned, painted, and touched up my room and bathroom. I lost the black and white bedding and went with all white, adding a few fun accent pillows from Pier 1 Imports. I bought a few more picture frames to decorate the walls but tried to de-clutter my shelves and walls... here's the finished product! Once again, sorry for the poor iPhone quality.

Pretty turquoise blue, with clean white bedding and curtains and colorful accents!


I love these wooden/woven baskets! Despite the fact my bookcase looks cluttered, I seriously did do a bit of organizing!

My favorite part... what a cute/funky floor lamp, and pretty cheap from Target!!

I'm super-pleased with how it all turned out, having something fresh and new to wake up to is nice, and it was a good excuse to do some cleaning and organizing! HGTV here I come?!

No comments:

Post a Comment