Friday, November 11, 2011

Let's get political!

Who has two thumbs and a ticket to the Republican presidential debate tomorrow?

THIS GIRL!

Wofford College is fortunate enough to be the host of a CBS Republican presidential debate tomorrow! Yes, little ol Wofford! Campus is in a frenzy with media trucks, protestors, Secret Service (seriously!) and people setting up to transform our basketball arena into the center stage for the debate! This morning they broadcasted the CBS "Early Show" from behind Old Main, our main building on campus. It was so cool to see! Despite the fact many parts of campus are off limits, it's really cool to be in the middle of it!

Yes, I took a picture of my TV. Jan's hanging out outside the building I take most of my classes!
I'll admit. I'm not crazy about politics. I would identify myself as a Republican, but I'm not that into a certain candidate at this point. Once time goes on and more final decisions are made, I will be more able to identify with one particular candidate and do more research.

But, seriously, I am SO excited to get a ticket to attend the debate! Not only is this an amazing opportunity to see people speak who may potentially serve as president next term, but to do it at my own college, for free!? Awesome. Tickets were definitely hard to come by, but they created a lottery for students and staff to enter in order to get one.  Guess what... I didn't get one.

Confused?! Well, I posted a disgruntled status on Facebook about not getting one, and a sweet freshman boy who was in my Orientation Staff group messaged me and told me that he received a ticket, but would be gone for his fraternity's mountain weekend and offered me his for free! How sweet! Chivalry is not dead, ladies and gentlemen.

I'll fill you in more after this weekend! I am volunteering with the Newt campaign because my mom has connections with women who are working for him, so I thought I'd try to get involved even though, as I said, I have made no certain decisions on who I am going to support. 

So excited to get political this weekend and show America what a great place Wofford is! On that note- Happy Veterans Day! I can't think of a better way to thank those who served us and gave us these opportunities!

--ryann

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That is so awesome that you get to attend! My fiance would just die to get to go! You are so lucky! I can't wait to hear how it goes!! Enjoy! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete