Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Where Kim K went wrong.



I saw this video on a friend's blog (thanks, Abby!) and wanted to share. I'm in a Bible study reading "Reason for God" by Timothy Keller right now (which I LOVE... read it if you haven't...), so I was particularly interested in what he had to say in this clip.

I am truly saddened by what happened with Kim and Kris' marriage on many levels. I would never mock them, because I would never wish unhappy marriage or divorce upon anyone, so I am sad for them. But I am also sad that today's culture focuses on the aesthetics of marriage rather than the heart and soul of the matter. I'll admit, I'm in love with engagement photo shoots, beautiful white dresses, and picking out flowers, but it is so much more than that.

Check out the video and see for yourself if you'd like!

1 comment:

  1. i agree with your thoughts on her marriage. I hate that she made a sham of something that's supposed to be beautiful and God centered. She asked for a media circus so she has to deal with the consequences.

    i loved Reason for God. it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete