Saturday, December 10, 2011

EXAM WEEK- Survival & Inspiration!

It is the Saturday before EXAM WEEK begins and I am camped out in the library in my new favorite spot! I also spent all afternoon and night here (with a short break for dinner!) and have been here since after breakfast this morning. I am taking a study break and heading to the RUF white elephant Christmas party this evening, but most likely I will be back in action afterward, and once again tomorrow after church! AHHH!

Currently I am waiting for an e-mail response from a professor, and I kind of need her input before I can really get going on a paper, so I of course am attempting to do everything BUT work! I know that lots of my blog friends have finished their exam week, but Wofford is on a delayed schedule so ours starts Monday! Here's how I survive exam week!

The Library Uniform:

The Study Tunes:
Pandora is my best friend during exam week. I just wish I had Pandora One so I could avoid all the ads! The stations I switch between include: Needtobreathe, Phoenix, John Mayer, Boyce Avenue, Foster the People, Maroon 5, and Gavin Degraw. I like chill music, but some fun upbeat tunes are never a bad thing when I'm feeling the library drag. A guy friend of mine is currently blasting Wiz Khalifa through his headphones.. no thanks! I need something more peaceful!

The Study Snacks:
I try my best not to snack while I study... that's a disaster waiting to happen. If I'm not going to eat anytime soon (I don't want to spoil my appetite) I'll grab a hot coffee as a little treat. No matter what, I always have a bottle of water, and sometimes a soda.. today it's Sprite Zero. Today I needed a snack because Martha and I went out to breakfast and had a bagel late in the morning before hitting the library. In that case, I got some yogurt pretzels to munch on! I try to avoid candy, but sometimes I give in to the red and blue gummy worms or Sour Patch Kids... yum :)

The Study Spot:
I used to never study in the library, not until about two weeks ago. I get along so well with my roommate and suitemate, which is actually a problem. I don't ever get anything done in there! I live on campus, so it's easy to head over to the library. Our library is pretty old (and most of it is pretty ugly... think 70's architecture...), but they redid one portion called "The Sandbox" (Why? I don't know). It's a pretty sweet set up with tables with rolly chairs, screens you can hook your laptop up to, comfy chairs, and outlets and internet plugs galore! I've found my new happy place. 

So, as most of my friends are completing their exams, I am just beginning mine. Oh well. I'm stressed, but everything will get done-it always does- and I will just do the best I can!

Here's a little positivity and inspiration for you student bloggers right there with me:


And something silly to make you giggle!

via

If you're in the midst of exam week... you MUST READ THIS! "Love Letter to a College Student". You will feel so much better afterward! Promise :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Thoughts and prayers are much appreciated!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck on all your exams - I only eat the blue/pink gummy worms then I give the rest of the bag to Stephen to finish off! Comfort is definitely key & I love the outfit you put together- perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful blog! saw yours while on anothers and thought id say a friendly hello!

    <3

    www.barbie-bombshell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with your exams! I have my last one on thursday too, can't wait for it to be over! you have a really lovely blog! I am following you now!
    x
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your exams! I remember those days. It was like locking yourself away until 4am to finish papers/projects and to study. Then getting back up at 8 to do it all over again. What you wear this week is perfect for relaxing study!

    I'm a new follower, would love for you to check out my blog and follow back if you're interested!

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. reading this totally brought me back to my 12 hour long days in the library studying like a crazy woman! New follower = )

    -meesch
    http://www.aperfectkindofday.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on exams! I just got done after a whole week of not going to bed before 4...ahhh. It was exhausting! Show those finals who's boss! Haha. PS. Just found your blog and I'm your newest follower! -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I would have seen this during exam week! I love the studying outfit guide, so cute and comfy! I hope you aced your finals!!

    ReplyDelete