Saturday, January 14, 2012

Guest Post- { Everyday AEM }

 I have yet another fun blogger friend who is a fabulous bride to be! Ashely at Everyday AEM is busy not only wedding planning, but student teaching and being a great blogger! She always has something fun to blog about, so sure to stop by and say hello!

Hello to all of Ryann's wonderful readers! I'm Ashley from Everyday AEM and I'm so excited to be guest blogging for sweet Ryann! With New Year's resolutions on our minds, I decided I would share one of mine for 2012.
Always make time for date nights

During the school year (as most of you know) life just gets plain busy and it is hard to always make sure your priorities are in line. I am an extremely type-a perfectionist and I always let my school/job consume me. I know this is not healthy, nor is it good for the other areas of my life. Sometimes I come home from class/teaching and am so exhausted that I just want to sit and drink hot cocoa for the remainder of the night. Or I come home and I'm in such a bad mood that I might as well where a warning sign letting everyone know not to speak to me.In addition to this little thing called life, the Winter blues also tend to leave people feeling down. Don't let the cooler weather and lack of sunshine get the best of you!

Despite my flaw of letting life get the best of me, Clayton and I have always found ways to keep our relationship exciting and fun! I wanted to share of few date night ideas with Ryann's readers in case you find yourself in the rut of what to do with your beau! And no fear: many of these can be done on little to no budget!



Dinner and a Movie
Okay, so this may  not be a surprise to you. Everyone loves dinner and a movie. But if you go out to eat and are a frequent at the cinemas, why not stay in for a change and rent a movie from redbox and try out that new Pinterest recipe you've been drooling over? On the other hand, if you and your beau haven't been out to dinner in ages.. it's time the two of you get dressed up for a night on the town! If you are feeling really adventures, mix it up for a picnic in the park or even in your own backyard. Pop open a bottle of champagne or your favorite wine and call it a date! If you are anything like Clayton and I, you will love to try out new foods by visiting the local Thai place you've passed a billion times or picking something new off of the Greek restaurant's menu!

Ideas that I love..
a drive-in movie date
 

dinner and a movie in bed

maybe this is more for the summer, but it was too cute not to share!

Clayton and I had a picnic on the back porch, but
this could easily be done as an indoor picnic for a Winter date night!

If you're not much a movie watcher, try out these other date night ideas for after dinner..
No matter where you live, there has to be a theater or arts center of some sort where you can venture out on those weekend nights. While Clayton and I lived in our college town, we were frequents to our school's musical performances. We went to everything from seeing the President's Marine Marching Band, our school's percussion ensemble, to seeing the Russian Ballet Perform. Where we live now, we have found plenty of things to do. We have gone to the symphony on multiple occasions and have been to see small musicals put on by the theatre in town. I would love to visit some of the art galleries and other attractions in the near future! No matter what you're tastes or interests, there is something for everyone! You might just have to do your research! Oh and don't forget to save your ticket stubs to add to your memory book! (If you don't have one yet, start one now!)

Go ice skating!

Enjoy a homemade fondue together for dessert
This blog has great ideas for fondue for two!


Do what your beau loves most..
Although Clayton is essentially as romantic as they get, I have found that most any guy will go for a cheesy date night, if you will spend some time with him doing what he loves most. I mean what could be better having both the love of your life AND your favorite pastime all wrapped up in one?! Whether he loves to play a round of golf, likes to hunt or fish, enjoys a day at the gym, or (gasp) likes to shop.. you can join him on his adventures and call it a date! There's nothing better than seeing the love of your life do what he loves.. you can really learn a lot about your beau this way too!

Clayton loves when I go fishing with him


Great ways to plan for your date nights..
If you are spontaneous..
Keep a can of date nights to randomly draw from

If you are a planner..
Plan for a year of dates

If you want to save up for something extra special..
Save up your spare change for a date! You will be surprised how much $$ you can collect.
Clayton and I do this and I can't wait to see what we decide on whenever our jar is full!

1 comment:

  1. Love all of these ideas! Especially the drive-in and ice skating :) Two of my favorites!
    When you're back to blogging - check out my post today! I tagged you!

    ReplyDelete