Monday, January 16, 2012

Guest Post- { Loving Life and Lilly }


Welcome to Ashley from Loving Life and Lilly! She is a Hokie-lovin' post grad with one of the best jobs ever... she works in a Lilly P store! I'm so glad to have her, especially since she was one of the first blogs I started following! Go check her out!

Hello to all of Ryann’s readers! I am Ashley, behind Loving Life and Lilly and I have been loving Ryann’s blog for a while now! I was thrilled to be asked to guest blog while she is traveling, and I figured that I should write about what I know and love: Lilly Pulitzer!

We all know that winter wardrobes can be plagued with boring shades of black, brown, and grey, so what better way to spice things up than with a bright pop of color! I know many of you are probably thinking “What, Lilly Pulitzer is for summer! Sundresses and sandals have no place in the winter!” but in reality, this season especially, Lilly is offering some great ways to put a little color in your life!

One of my favorite tops to dress up or down (and may have made an appearance on New Year’s Eve) is the Elsa Top! It can be tucked into a pencil skirt for work, or worn with jeans for a night out! So perfect for a little taste of summer colors!


It is no secret that I am a sucker for anything cashmere. And anything Lilly. And anything Chi Omega. This scarf takes my love for all of these things and keeps me cozy warm and happy during the bleak winter months in the northeast! With tons of sorority prints (and non-greek prints) this is the perfect winter accessory! I mean, who wouldn’t want to look down and see this over their black winter coat?

Not all of us work in a Lilly store, and can wear ridiculous prints and patterns in public year round. These belts, however, let everyone else have a colorful accessory where cropped pants with pink flamingoes on them are socially unacceptable in the workplace. I hope I never reach this point, but if I do, at least I can pair a bright pink belt with my neutral work clothes!


I am a huge fan of cardigans. I probably own over 30 of them, no joke. This Bellina print is my favorite of Lilly’s resort collection, and this cardigan is a super fun way to keep warm and happy at the same time!

I hope that you can find inspiration to brighten up this winter with some of these fun, bright, simple accessories! Thanks for reading, and feel free to stop by Loving Life and Lilly for more ideas like this!

xx,
aWm

3 comments:

  1. I love that cardigan. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across your blog and I LOVE it! We have so much in common, I'm in ZTA and was also the historian and I am also a PR major! Too fun! I visited Wofford last year and actually met a bunch of the ZTA's! They were so fun and welcoming! ZLAM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I could seriously use some advice on something that happened to me recently. Check out the post at

    http://sweetconfessions21.blogspot.com/2012/01/change-for-better.html

    and comment if anything comes to mind!

    ReplyDelete