Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Guest Post- { Turtles and Pearls }


I'm very excited to welcome Lindsey as my first guest blogger! She is a fellow college girl and I love to follow her, because I feel we are pretty similar! Stop by her cute blog, Turtles and Pearls, after you get her tips on how to start your semester off right!

Hi everyone! My name is Lindsey and I am the author of Turtles and Pearls. I’m stopping by to guest post for Ryann while she is away for winter term!!

For many of us, we’re about to begin a new semester. I consider the beginning of each semester a fresh start. I know I have a new opportunity to get organized and get into a routine. This semester, I’m determined to take advantage of my new start and set myself up for a successful semester. I’ve come up with a great “game plan” and I intend to follow through with it!
           
1.     Plan ahead.
I know that many of us have an adorable Lilly Pulitzer, Erin Condren, or similar planner just waiting to be filled up! I plan on taking the syllabus for each class and writing down any and all important dates, including assignment due dates and exams. Two things I’m super excited to add? My older sister’s baby shower and due date!
via
2.     Get into a workout routine.
In the past, I’ve worked out at random times on random days. This semester, I’m going to find the best time for me to work out each day. This way, I’ll be in a routine and will be able to make it to the gym more often.
via
 
3.     Dress for success.
Don’t get me wrong -- I love getting out of bed in the morning and wearing yoga pants to class. However, I am going to make a conscious effort to wear nicer outfits (at least a few days a week!). I got a ton of great sweaters, tops, scarves, and accessories for Christmas. Class is the perfect time to put some of these to good use. Plus, look good, feel good, play good, right?

via
via

via
  
4.     Stay ahead of the game.
I always always say that I won’t get behind in my homework and studying, but before I know it, I already am! Last semester, I found myself constantly playing catch up in too many of my classes. I’m going to get an early start on all of my studying and assignments this semester.

via
For those of you who aren’t in school anymore (lucky ducks!), these can also be great New Years resolutions. A new year is the perfect time to start doing those things we always put off until tomorrow. Do you have any semester or New Years resolutions?

Ryann, I hope you’re having a wonderful time! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to guest post.

xo, Lindsey

3 comments:

  1. Great post! Not in school but definitely need to do all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great ideas! Class starts tomorrow, and I should definitely make an effort to do this.

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. have that exact Lilly planner :) I try really hard to wear nicer outfits to class, I usually find picking out my outfit the night before helps! If im in a rush and can't find something to wear I always end up wearing norts, tshirt, and tennis shoes!

    ReplyDelete