Monday, January 9, 2012

Travels... From ATL to Australia!

Hello all, sorry it's been a while since my Passion post, but I've been busy spending time with Andrew, unpacking, and then re-packing for my latest adventure that starts today! But first, here's quick recap of my time at the Passion 2012 conference!!

Just being silly with a few of my girls!
45,000 people in the Georgia Dome!
this amazing piece of artwork was built from materials made by slaves and put up in the International Plaza near the CNN building.
all my friends at the candlelight vigil for freedom
My wonderful "family" group I spent time with!
Despite the crowds, freezing cold, and crazy schedule, I had an unforgettable time. Passion 2011 was amazing, but Passion 2012 was even better. Going with four of my closest girlfriends from high school was amazing. It was a chance to assert our independence and really grow closer as a group.

The talks- amazing. Louie Giglio, John Piper, Beth Moore, Francis Chan. The music? Incredible. David Crowder Band did their last concert, Hillsong United, Lecrae, Chris Tomlin, Kristian Stanfill, Matt Redman... wow.

And I learned so much this year. With Andrew being abroad this semester will be tough, but what really resonated with me is that there are no coincidences. Jesus puts "roadblocks" in our lives for a reason, and though they may bring pain and hardship for us, they are there for a reason. The key is to trust God's plan for me. There's a reason Andrew and I have to be apart for four months. I think that reason is so that we can grown individually in our relationships and identities in Christ, and in turn share that with each other when he returns.

Thankfully I will have many distractions the first month he is gone because today I'm hopping on a plane to study abroad with Wofford for Interim! Interim is basically January term, where you can study, work, or go abroad for a month and get four hours of credit! I am headed to AUSTRALIA and NEW ZEALAND with two of my closest friends and about 22+ other students! I will be flying from Charlotte to Dallas to Sydney (phew) and spending four days there and the rest of my time all over New Zealand! I look forward to spending lots of time taking pictures and sharing my adventures with you all once I return in three weeks!

While I am gone, so my blog isn't lonely, I have recruited some wonderful girls to do some guest posts for me! I am so thankful that they stepped up to help me out and I cannot wait to share their fabulous blogs with you all! So, bon voyage for now, bloggy friends! :)

8 comments:

  1. Have SO MUCH fun! I can't wait to read all about your adventures abroad! Australia and New Zealand are at the top of my list of places to see before I die! Safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like so much fun and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your travels! That sounds like such an amazing adventure!! I'm looking forward to reading all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your travels!! Looking forward to your posts when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lots of things to comment on...here goes!! My pastor was talking about Francis Chan in church on Sunday. The story he told was amazing, and now I want to read all of his books! I hope you have an amazing time studying abroad. Australia!? I would love to go. And thanks for having me guest blog! I can't wait to read all the posts. Have a safe and fun trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you said here " Jesus puts "roadblocks" in our lives for a reason, and though they may bring pain and hardship for us, they are there for a reason." That statement was so powerful. I made a note on my computer and saved it there to read whenever I get down, or question what's happening in my life. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen sister friend! I wasn't able to go to Passion, but I followed it online! So great. And Congrats on going to Australia and New Zealand!! My older brother just spent the past semester there - it sounds so cool! Have a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful post! Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us! I hope to read more of your post which is very informative and useful to all the readers. I salute writers like you for doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete