Thursday, March 15, 2012

never again.

Never again do I want to spend my days....

Eating these:
via google images

Drinking this:
via google images

Taking this:
via google images

Doing only this:
(okay, I could totally handle sleeping all day in a cute room like this)
via Pinterest

.... like I have done most of this week. 

You see, I thought I was doing well in my college career, considering until this week I have not gotten majorly sick (not including a cough or allergies) at all in my last three years at Wofford. There has been a bug going around school which I was unfortunate enough to catch. I was lucky to have been spared actually getting sick, but I felt crappy and exhausted/fatigued for three days straight, napping in my (twin) bed every free moment. I skipped three classes (an abomination for me!), meetings, and I am currently playing catch up with quite a bit of work as I struggle to study for a midterm I must take tomorrow. 

However, with my visit to health services tomorrow and a whopping 11 hours of sleep last night, I feel 100% better this morning. I legitmately showered (and shaved my legs... whoop whoop), got dressed in nice clothes, attended a career week luncheon (and managed to eat real food!), and am going to be well enough to attend my afternoon class.. yay! Small victories, my friends. 

I'm going to take it easy this weekend and try to get caught up and also work ahead on some assignments because next week begins GREEK WEEK and goodness knows my life does not belong to me, but to ZTA during that time. 

I am astounded at the amount of love, support, and positive thoughts I received from my family, friends, and blog friends during my time of misery this week. I loved receiving texts and tweets knowing I was thought of and that prayers for my recovery were being sent up. So thank you if this applies to you! :) 

I woke up revitalized this morning with a whole new appreciation for my health, energy, and happiness. I will not soon take for granted how lucky I am to have good health and an awesome immune system to keep me running every single day. I'm feeling back to normal, and I'm so happy about it. Here's to your own health and happiness! :)

xoxo, ryann

5 comments:

  1. hope you're feeling 100% better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better! Sounds like a not fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're doing better! There is nothing worse than just feeling like poop for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! When I had swine flu junior year during rush I literally wanted to die. Hope you are better!!!!!! Rest up for Greek Week!! XOXOXXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you're feeling better...hope the rest of this week is great to make up for it! Sometimes its okay to skip class. :) Enjoy Greek Week!

    ReplyDelete