Saturday, April 28, 2012

NEEDTOBREATHE & Ben Rector!

Notice that I am framed by the doors of the minivan... hahaha.
Whoo hoo! Who doesn't love to hit to road with friends for good music and fun times?

Last night I headed to Clemson University with some freshmen I met through RUF to go see the musical stylings of NEEDTOBREATHE and Ben Rector! I recently "discovered" Ben Rector and fell in love with his sweet lyrics, captivating voice, and catchy tunes. I've loved NEEDTOBREATHE since their beginnings but never had seen them in concert... It was SO much fun!

Ashlee, Catherine, and Elizabeth allowed me to crash their concert trip and I am so glad, because they are the sweetest girls and I am so happy to have found new friendship with them! After getting stuck in traffic and eating Pita Pit and some ice cream WAY too quickly, we hopped in line outside Littlejohn, where the concert was taking place. We got general admission seats which means first come, first serve, and we ended up standing about 4 rows back from the stage... a great spot!

ran into some high school friends.. the obligatory ryan(n) picture!



I cannot even describe how awesome the concert was. It was a special night for NEEDTOBREATHE because the set of brothers in the band are from Seneca, a town right outside Clemson. I can't imagine how incredible it was for them to play the arena in their college town. They were great performers and so great with the crowd. Funny enough, they had a malfunction with the sound system but played it off so well. They got all their acoustic guitars ready to finish off the concert, but things started to work again, thankfully. 

The concert ended with an amazing encore. The very last song was "Slumber", and they played it completely acoustic. No microphones, no guitars plugged in. It was simply the band, their voices, guitars, singing into the huge coliseum. It was amazing! 

Catherine, me, Ashlee, and Elizabeth after a fun night!
I keep wishing I could go back and relive that night! I have a crazy, crazy week coming up with mounds of schoolwork so I hate going back to reality! 

But... good news... ANDREW COMES HOME IN 7 DAYS!!! ....Not that I'm counting :)

Happy weekend, y'all!

xoxo, ryann

3 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! I loveee roadtrips! Hope the end of the school year goes well for you, girl. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun!! I love Ben Rector too, after discovering him not so long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were in Clemson and I was not informed?! What is this???

    ReplyDelete