Monday, April 16, 2012

so many reasons to smile.

hello friends, and happy monday! Last week was pretty stressful for me, but I have decided to approach this week and remind myself why I have so many reasons to smile.

reason #1: a successful ZTA fundraiser
My position in ZTA is Vice President, and I am in charge of our philanthropy. Our spring fundraiser is a campus-wide band party called "Shag-a-Thon", and I actually planned the first one my freshman year. Becasue of this, I was recruited to play a large role in planning this year's event, which got to be more stressful than I originally intended. These past two weeks have been frantic and crazy, but I am proud to say our event went off without a problem on Thursday evening! The band was great, the food was delicious, and we had lots of people come support us!

with my gorgeous Big... I can't believe she's graduating this year!

I snagged a partner for the shag competition- sadly we didn't win, but made in the top 5 or so couples!

My roomie from last year, Sallie!

With Jennings, her real little sister Ellison, and her ZTA Little Sis, Sterling!

looks like colored denim and stripes were the way to go!
reason #2: good music
So many concerts I get to go to in the next few weeks! The Movement is coming to Wofford for our Spring Weekend (a post on that later!), and then I'm going to go see Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors in Greenville with friends on Saturday. What I'm most excited about? Needtobreathe and Ben Rector in Clemson next weekend!!! A lot of my friends were busy that weekend and couldn't go, so I gave up on trying to get a ticket. THEN I found a group of girls who invited me to join them and then faced the dilemma of actually finding tickets-- general admission seats were all sold out! But then, I found a girl at school as ready to sell her ticket as I was to buy it... perfect! I am so excited and will surely have some wonderful pictures to share!

reason #3: friends and family
I had a wonderful Easter catching up and spending time with my family. We had a surprise birthday party for my cousin, and it was wonderful to see all my aunts, uncles, and cousins on this special weekend. I was able to spend time with my grandparents as well and I have learned to cherish this time with them. I am so lucky that three of my four grandparents are alive and live within 20 minutes of me. This past weekend I celebrated the 21st birthday of my suitemate, Lauren, and had a great time with all our friends. I am so blessed to have a wonderful group of girls around me at school.

I may as well be a part of this family! It's tradition to take an Easter picture with the Smith sisters.
The Kroskes on Easter Sunday!
Had to get a pic with the precious pup!
Apartment-mates for next year! Can't wait to live with Lea, Lauren, and Jennings!
with Martha and Lea celebrating Lauren's 21st!
Had a wonderful evening of good food, and friends at the RUF movie night this weekend- Didok and I didn't even plan on dressing alike ;)
reason #4: in the home stretch for ACM coming home from Italy!
Whoo hoo! My favorite boy comes home in exactly 20 days! Some days are really rough, but I am so proud of the both of us! We've kept busy but still been in constant contact. I just can't wait to see his smiling face and get a big old hug! Four months is WAY too long to be away!

Yes, I date this goofball. Who goes skating in shorts?!
I hope you all have just as many reasons to smile this week! Happy Monday!

xoxo, ryann

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures!! I'm glad the ZTA fundraiser went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time!! That pic of you and the puppy is adorable! And I love the colored denim & stripes--funny thing is I wore my colored denim & stripes this weekend too haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are gorgeous! And I obviously love your Lilly dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of you. I know Shagathon was a huge success!! Love all the pics!! Esp of you Suiter and Rachel! too cute!! Miss you. Lets chat soon xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That all looks great!! :) Congrats on your great event - I'm sure it was absolutely fantastic!
    You're blog always makes me smile - I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete