Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring Break recap!

hello blogging world, I have returned!

I took a brief hiatus from blogging for a few reasons this past week. First of all, I had a huge paper on the Canterbury Tales due for my Chaucer class (yuck) and lots to do in planning ZTA's spring fundraiser. 

Also, I just needed some time to think for myself about blogging. I've come to a few realizations. Oftentimes I am too busy to really go through my reader and read all the blogs I am following, but when I do I almost feel bad about myself. I know that sounds crazy, but I almost feel like an underachiever! Sometimes I think about how I don't blog as consistently, or I don't have anything fun to write about, etc etc. But I have realized that I created this blog for me. My lovely followers are just an added bonus that I LOVE. I can write at my own pace and it's not the end of the world. So as I face a busy final month and a half of school, I'm going to make sure my blogging is a fun release, not more of a stresser! All this being said, my break gave me lots of motivation and great ideas of things to blog about, and I am giddy to jump right back in!

A good break from the stress of school was my SPRING BREAK trip to the beach with my girlfriends from school! The grandmother of one of my friends owns a home on the beach in Garden City, SC, and every year we roadtrip down there to enjoy a few days as a group! I love it because accommodations are free and we can spend our money on cooking food and shopping! Here are some pictures from our week!

Rocking the tacky neon tanks with Jennings and Martha on the beach!

Suitemates!

The crew out to dinner one night

Only our favorite place to shop ever... the biggest candy store I've ever seen!
We had a fabulous few days of relaxation. We shopped at the J. Crew outlet (where I made out like a bandit!), enjoyed some sunny days (and sunburn) on the beach, had a blast sitting on the front porch at night hollering at cars that drove by, and took time to about reality for a while. 

I'm back at home now to get some things done and spend the remainder of my break with my family. I saw the Hunger Games with my family- which I loved!- and I'm catching up with my friend Parkes tomorrow. I attended the Maundy Thursday church service last night and loved being back at my home church. It was a wonderful reminder of the reason for the season and how blessed we are on this Good Friday.

Happy Friday and I hope you all have an excellent Easter weekend!

xoxo, ryann

5 comments:

  1. Girl, I know EXACTLY what you mean about blogging. I just took a random three week break from blogging because I was concerned that I wasn't doing as good a job as everyone else I followed! BUT, like you, I realized that my blog IS for me, and it IS to have fun.

    Looks like you had a blast on Spring Break! Have a happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had an amazing spring break trip! I know how you feel about the blogging thing -- sometimes I have to take that step back too and realize that this blog is for ME, and no one is going to judge me or stop reading if I take a few days (weeks, or months) off! Happy Easter weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had an awesome Spring Break! I love reading your posts, but blogging isn't the most important thing in the world! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so jealous of your spring break- looks like you had a great one! And i totally know what you mean about blogging- i just took like a 5 week break from the blogging world bc i never felt as if i had the energy or motivation but then i had to remember the reasons why i loved blogging and what made me happy about it- that's when i realized i missed it and decided to give it another shot and i'm definitely im happy i did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex and I walked past It's Sugar, we then quickly decided to run past because he knows sugar is my ultimate weakness. Was that on the Broadway?

    ReplyDelete