Tuesday, May 29, 2012

poolside page-turners!

I remember when the phrase "summer reading" used to make me sigh and roll my eyes. In high school, "summer reading" meant reading a book (or a few!) that I really didn't want to, writing a report on it, and being ready to discuss it once school started. At least I actually read them, unlike most of my fellow classmates!

However, now that I am an English major, "summer reading" is the best kind of reading for me, because I get to read exactly what I want! Don't get me wrong, I love my major and all the courses I've taken (for the most part), but it's so great having the opportunity to read for pleasure in the summer!

I received a Kindle touch for Christmas that desperately needs some lovin'! I have started creating a list of books I want to read this summer that includes, but is not limited to:


Along with my summer reading aspirations comes curiosity- I've seen a few things about the site Goodreads as I have explored the blogging world- anyone use it and love it? It seems like an awesome site to keep track of what you have read and discover new titles. I just created an account and am trying to figure out what it's all about... look me up on Goodreads, username ryannkroske !

What are your must-reads for this summer? Read any that you just HAVE to share? I love discovering new titles and authors!

xoxo ryann

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear about which ones you loved! My Kindle has really reignited the reading fire in me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use GoodReads! It makes it so easy to keep track of what you've read, and I love that I can see what other people read so I can get suggestions from my friends. Also, have you heard of www.whatshouldireadnext.com -- because that website is my new best friend. You type in your fave author or a book you recently read and it gives you suggestions of other books just like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Blue Like Jazz and Radical! My bible study did a read through of Blue Like Jazz...so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Goodreads!I've read Tender is the Night for one of my English classes and really liked it.

    ReplyDelete