Sunday, July 8, 2012

congratulations, Charlotte!

Disclaimer: NOT my finger... but still exciting!!!

I can't explain how THRILLED I was to get a picture message from my fabulous (real life & blog) friend Charlotte! You may know her from her cute blog documenting her life in Illinois, From Carolina Cotton to Illinois Corn! If you haven't already, I suggest you hop on over and read her series of posts about the engagement!

Charlotte and I met through ZTA in college, and we realized we were practically the same person. She served as Vice President and in charge of the committee I was on. Today, I am also Vice President and value Charlotte's help and support even though she is years removed from life as a collegiate!

2 years ago before our successful fundraiser we planned together... wonderful friends ever since!!

Greek Awards dinner
Before Char's last Philanthropy Night party during recruitment!
I think it is so funny that Tyler proposed last weekend, because of a Facebook chat conversation Charlotte and I had the week before. We both tend to chat during work hours (shhhh!) with each other and complain about how tired, hungry, stressed, etc etc we are. Since we hadn't chatted in a while, I asked her when "Tyler would finally put a ring on it..." and low and behold, he did within a few days!

I could go on and on and on about how wonderful Charlotte is. She is so motivated, loving, fun, smart, and driven. She is everything I want to be as I grow older and I could not be more happy for her! Charlotte wrote a sweet post for my birthday, and this is just my little way of congratulating her and her sweet husband-to-be, Tyler! 

Char showing off her bling and her sweet fiancee! (stolen from her Facebook)
I love you Char, and cannot wait to see your life as Mrs. Law grow into something wonderful! And don't worry, I'll be there all along the way if you want any input on wedding details... if my Pinterest is any indication, I love weddings! :)

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

Pop on over and visit Charlotte's fabulous blog and hear her sweet story!

xoxo, ryann 

6 comments:

  1. That's so exciting!!! Congratulations to your friend Charlotte :) Weddings are seriously my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Charlotte and I am so happy for her and Tyler!! What a sweet post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh how did I just see this? I literally had tears welp up in my eyes and I have yet to cry about ANY of the engagement!! EEEE you are the best!! Love you so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning!! I want it on MY finger ;)

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that is a beautiful ring!! congrats to your friend and i love when a friend gets engaged let the planning begin!

    ReplyDelete