Tuesday, July 24, 2012

the 411 on ryann


I've hopped on the bandwagon and decided to do the link-up From Mrs. To Mama to help ya'll get to know me! I think I may be a little late, but it just looks so fun I decided to join anyway. I've seen lots of my favorites all over the blogosphere join in, and I've loved the insight into my favorite bloggers' lives!


1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I've been blogging since June 2010, which is really odd to me. I don't know why I started, I just wanted a forum for my reflections on life, and I didn't really care about building community or sharing my thoughts with others. However, this past year, with a little inspiration from my sweet friend Charlotte, I decided to really kick my blogging into high gear. I became more consistent and really got interested in what other bloggers had to say. I wouldn't say my blog has changed subject wise- I just write about my life, interests, and what is relevant to me, and that's what's most important!

2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?

I'm eagerly anticipating my senior year at Wofford College, and I could not be more thrilled. I'm an English major with a Communications concentration and a business minor.
baby Ryann at freshman orientation- go Terriers!
3. Where have you traveled?
I'm so lucky to have been blessed with the opportunities to travel some fantastic places with my family and school. My family has been around the U.S and also to Scotland and England. With school I have traveled to Peru as well as Australia and New Zealand with our winter term program.
throwin' what we know at Macchu Picchu, January 2011

St. Andrews Links in Scotland, Summer 2011

Sydney Opera House, January 2012
4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
Oh my goodness, that is really tough. I would probably save it right away and not buy anything. Except I may go on a J Crew shopping trip. Yes, I know, big spender...


5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
Hmmm. Bad writing (for example, horrid grammar, lack of punctuation, etc), messy/noisy eaters, and lack of respect for others' time.

6. What is your favorite movie?

Oh, man. This is hard. I'm pretty much really behind when it comes to movies- there's some pretty great ones I've never seen. However, the flavor of the month when it comes to movies is Crazy, Stupid Love. So funny!

7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?

I drink water on the reg. But, I must say, I love some sweet tea. Better yet, there's this awesome local sandwich shop that serves strawberry tea... mmmmm.

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?

SLEEP. Haha kidding, but not. I love coffee/froyo dates with friends, shopping, exercising, taking pictures, and reading!

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?

Oh wow. Target or Nordstrom or J. Crew. I can't decide. 

10. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
People say I look like Anne Hathaway, so I guess her. I take that as a compliment, because I think she is stunning (However, I seriously don't see it...)

11. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?

Babysitting a lot in high school and some college. I've also interned for a minor league baseball team, worked for Wofford's athletic department, and blogged for Wofford admissions office. 
 12. Show us a picture from high school or college.
Ya'll have seen enough college photos... time to do a flashback to my fun high school times!


this picture embarrasses me. freshman year, when we thought it was so cool to make t-shirts for football games.
sweet 16 birthday party- we did a photo scavenger hunt downtown, it was pretty legit!
so intense. my golf team captain days.
my Presbyterian Youth Council girls- I miss them so much!
the Trio at graduation!
13. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
Oh, wow. This is hard. Italy. Or Spain. Or Brazil. Or Belize. Any of them. All of them. 

14. Show us the most current picture of you or your family.

most current, and most awkward picture of my family. hehe :)
15. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?

It seems so far, but I know it will come so fast! Well, hopefully I will be happily married and in a job that I love. Not too sure what that job will be, but I know the future is bright!


Thanks for reading this far- hope you've learned a bit more about me from this. Any other questions? Feel free to ask! 


xoxo ryann 

PS- go check out Crystal's Jack Rogers giveaway at Coffee at Nordstrom!

7 comments:

  1. I love your blog! This post is great, I always love to get to know the people I follow.

    Have a good day!:)
    Shelby xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Your blog is so cute! And I totally see you and Anne Hathaway looking alike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Messy eaters is definitely now added to my list of pet peeves--I can't stand that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so fun! Love all the pictures. Adorable blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so cute!! PS you know Elizabeth Hawthorne?? She goes to Furman with me - we had class together! Small world :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I've known Elizabeth for about 5 years now- we were on a Presbyterian Youth Council together that put on retreats and led small groups for youth groups in the area- I just love her! This world truly is so small!

      Delete