Monday, December 10, 2012

decking the (hypothetical) halls

'Tis the season for cookie making, blaring Christmas tunes everywhere you go, and taking in the fresh scent of evergreen... however, I have to wait until my exams are over on Friday to enjoy being home for the holidays. Good things come to those who wait I guess!

My apartment at school has random decorations that make us merry and bright amidst our finals misery, for example: a pink Christmas tree (yes, it is awesome), wreaths, various stockings hanging on our entertainment center, string letter lights spelling "CHRISTMAZ" (no repeating letters, haha!) and a Bieber cutout decked out like the halls. Not the type of Christmas decor I usually go for, but the eclectic mix suits our apartment swimmingly and brings a smile to my face always!

take it all in, ladies and gentlemen. 

However, amidst school duties I have had to simultaneously begin wedding planning. Next big thing to check off the list: wedding registry! Thinking about the things that Andrew and I will need (or want, haha) for our future home/apartment/condo/townhouse is a little daunting, but so exciting. So, naturally, I have not only been thinking about the necessities for our home, but I have fast-forwarded myself to dreaming of our future Christmas decor with these Pinterest pretties:

via
via

via

via
via
via

I'm not a big fan of the commercialized Christmas-- Santa, snowmen, etc. As you can see, I'm especially drawn to distinctly Southern, classic, and natural decor! However, a splash of color is always welcome- how about that fabulous, colorfully Southern Living inspired tree?

How would you love to deck your halls in your home?!
-rk 

No comments:

Post a Comment