Tuesday, January 8, 2013

a southern bride's manifesto

As I've already made clear, I am completely in love with all things southern. Sweet tea, Chick-Fil-A, and that warm feeling you get when you realize it really is a small world after all. 

I mentioned in this post about my favorite wedding websites, one of them being Southern Weddings Magazine blog and site. I stumbled upon this page on their website, dedicated to what has been dubbed "The Sweet Tea Society" and I immediately fell in love. To quote the Sweet Tea Society page:

"In the Sweet Tea Society, we believe that planning a wedding means planning for more than just one day; that there is nothing on this earth more important than family; and that, while details are nice, true love always, always wins."

Take a look-see at this wonderfully sweet declaration and tell me what you think!


I'm usually one to get all frazzled when it comes to planning, but I have seen one too many bridezillas and have pledged myself never to take it that far. This manifesto maps out the beautiful details we all love and obsess over at weddings, but it reminds us what is at the core of a wedding: love, y'all!

I promise to never became caught up in wedding planning-- how my invitations match my flowers or where this person will sit or what that person will wear-- because at the end of the day, I will be MARRIED to my best friend after celebrating with the friends and family I hold dear. When it comes down to it, the details are important, and I want my guests to love the decorations and the band, but what I want them to remember the most is the contagious joy in the sanctuary as Andrew and I say our vows, the smiles as we tear up the dance floor, and the love evident in all aspects of our special day.

After reading this Southern bride's manifesto, would you consider yourself a part of the Sweet Tea Society?!

-rk

2 comments:

  1. I love, love love this! We are planning ours around the ACC football schedule since I am a Hokie and he is a Wahoo :). I agree with you - the being married to your best friend is the most important part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this guide! I'm a Southern Belle too and a new follower!

    www.elle-pea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete