Monday, January 14, 2013

I'm not the only girl that said "yes!"

Nothing feels better than checking something off my wedding checklist, and I am excited to say all my bridesmaids are accounted for as of this week! Most of them knew offhand that they would be involved because they had heard my planning and wedding musings, however, I think I surprised a few!

I wanted to put forth a nice gesture and give my girls a gift they would be able to really use and a memento they could cherish. Inspired by this pin for wedding koozies, I played around with Illustrator and created an insert to put in the koozies that would ask the girls to be my bridesmaids. I tried to get all Lilly flamingo koozies, because the colors are very close to our theme (turquoise with coral accents) but unfortunately I had to go with a different print for my two Maids of Honor. 


I wrapped the notes up in the koozies to look like a can and gave them to the girls like this:


All of the girls loved it and thankfully said yes! I am so excited to have them all and we're on a roll with  dress fitting and ordering, thank goodness. I am also planning on having 5 honorary bridesmaids and wrote them each a personalized note thanking them for their friendship and asking them to be there on our big day as well.

I am so blessed to have so many wonderful young women in my life to support me and I cannot wait for all the fun that is to come!

-rk

4 comments:

  1. So glad I read this post today! I am planning on having 2 honorary bridesmaids and I looked up some info about it on the internet and a lot of people thought that was the most ridiculous idea ever...and I kind of started second guessing myself but then reminded myself that I liked the idea and really wanted to have honorary bridesmaid so I was going to do it! SO glad that you are as well, I don't feel so out of place now! I love keeping up with your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. My friends lived all over the country so I just called them. I wish I would have done something more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! The Lilly Koozies are such a great idea. I just posted about my wedding check list too! It really does feel amazing to check things off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Love this idea. You are so cute. Can't wait to see all the pretty gal's faces! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete