Monday, January 28, 2013

making a statement.

It's no secret that I'm a fan of jewelry. I grew up playing dress up with my Nana's clip-on earrings and we have a hilarious home video of baby Ryann having a fit over an emerald ring my mom got for Christmas. Since I won't get to see my dress until my fitting in March, I spend time dreaming about the jewels and gems I want to wear with it!

I'm definitely planning on wearing the pearl stud earrings Andrew gave me as a gift and my mom's three strand pearl bracelet as my "something borrowed". As I peruse Pinterest and other wedding blogs, I can't help but feel drawn towards the wedding statement necklace trend... 

Of course, you can't go wrong with classic strand of pearls
 (or three or five)...
via

but this beauty is exactly what I want my wedding to be-
 classicly chic but still unique!
via

Ooh, how about I "shine bright like a diamond" 
to match the sparkle on my finger?
via

Or do I try a pop of color to show off my "something blue"?
 
via

What do you think of the statement necklaces with a wedding dress?
 Which one would you choose?

-rk

3 comments:

  1. Personally, I'm a huge fan of the pearls!! Both are beautiful and timeless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to say I love 1 or 2 ... I love the idea of "statement pearls" because it's still traditionally classy with a modern twist :) you could always wear one for the ceremony & one for the reception :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the statement necklaces!!! If I had a strapless dress I would be all over this trend (mine is lace boatneck). I love one - so classic! Two might be my favorite though, it has just enough of a twist to make it super unique :). I have been looking for necklaces for my bridesmaids like this (possibly).

    ReplyDelete