Wednesday, January 23, 2013

meet my bridesmaids!

I realize it's been a while since I've updated you on my life, and I swear wedding planning isn't the only thing going on worth blogging about... I said I'd never turn my blog into solely a wedding blog but it's too fun not to include a little bit!

My last post was about how I asked my bridesmaids to be a part of my big day... and now I'll introduce them to you! Before I get started, I will preface this:

 Yes, I have 10 bridesmaids.  
Trust me, I've had some people make faces when I tell them how many girls I'm having with me up front. I finally let it stop bothering me, because I am SO blessed to have so many girls I love enough to make a part of my day. It might seem crazy to have that many best friends, but I have special girls from so many different parts of my life and I am so darn excited to spend time with all of them!

Drumroll please, for my leading ladies....

Maids of Honor:
Parkes & Natalie
Yup, I just decided to go all out when it came to getting crazy with the bridesmaids. Parkes and Natalie are my two best friends from high school and there is no way I could pick between them! We talked about doing a rotation for MOH status when each of us got married, but it just made so much more sense to include them both and make the MOH duties easier and split between two lovely ladies. I am so blessed to have them in my life and I literally have no idea what I would do without them. They have been there for me always and seen Andrew and I grow in our relationship together. Can't wait to see what they have up their sleeves for bachelorette and toasts! 

Lea Elizabeth
Lea Elizabeth is one of my roommates this year and a fellow only child. I distinctly remember the first time I met Lea-- it was at Wofford scholarship interview. Desperate for a friend, I offhandedly told her how much I loved her monogram purse (even though I really did love it... I just wanted to make conversation!) and we've been best friends ever since!

 Lauren M
Looks can be deceiving, but I really do love Lauren. We have tons of great pictures, but this is seriously the best one the exemplifies our relationship. Lauren is also a roommate of mine and we've been best friends since freshman year. I love Lauren because she's just so silly. It's not strange to see her dancing around the apartment to Gangnam style in a fleece onesie... and you think I'm joking. 

Martha
Martha and I were acquaintances freshman year, but we commiserated over our accounting course sophomore and became close friends. We are each other's "bestie for the restie", as we call it, and our RUF minister jokes that we cannot function apart from each other... which is partially true. We also enjoy crying over awesome wedding videos together... let's hope mine is tear-worthy!

Jennings
Jennings is also a roommate and a Wofford best friend, along with a ZTA sister. We were introduced through mutual friends before coming to college and have been close the whole way through! Jennings has been the wonderful host of all our spring break trips to Myrtle Beach and I love her love of blueberry tart yogurt from our favorite "Yogi Mountain" (a.k.a Yogurt Mountain)!

Sallie
Sallie was my sophomore year roommate and is also a ZTA sister and a part of my core group of Wofford girls. I swear my soda consumption was at an all-time high when I lived with her... she's never seen without a Coke Zero in hand! This Interim we're taking on a yoga and rock climbing class together and I've had a blast bonding over my inabilities with Sal. 

Lauren D
I have so many Laurens in my life! This is my "little sister" in ZTA who has grown to be one of my best friends! She's since transferred to UVA to become the best nurse ever, but we have stayed in touch and I don't know what I would do without her! Lauren is the best for both life talks and being silly. She is a huge wedding lover and has legitimately emailed me folders and folders of pretty inspiration!

Sarah M
Just like we have 2 Laurens in the wedding, we also have 2 Sarahs! This is Andrew's older sister, who is going to graduate this year as well... except she will have her graduate degree from USC! Her dream is to work as a counselor in Maui, like her uncle... helloooooo vacation!? I've really grown close to Sarah over the past few year and this only child is so excited to gain a sister!

Sarah B
Out of all my bridesmaids, I've known Sarah the longest- she's my closest cousin and we've grown up together. As little girls we would play together all the time and she was always the friend I brought on vacations with me! We went to rival high school and she is at USC, but we still have stayed close and always pick up where we've left off whenever we see each other! She is so much fun and I can't believe we've gone from playing "Mary Kate and Ashley" in the backyard (spy games, y'all!) to standing together in the wedding chapel!

~~~~~~~~~~

So, that's the lineup of my beautiful, wonderful bridesmaids! They've all already ordered their dresses-- next task is finding some awesome (and inexpensive!) shoes for my sassy ladies to wear. I can't wait for all the fun with showers and the bachelorette with every one of these girls!

-rk 

No comments:

Post a Comment