Tuesday, January 1, 2013

new year, new goals.


Helloooo 2013!
 As I perused my blogroll on this lazy January 1 morning-- let's be real, it was noon before I woke up (after my rager of a night with a visit to the zoo Christmas lights and sparkling cider)-- I came upon a post by Taylor at Anchored that I loved. 

I know a lot of people are opposed to resolutions for one reason or another. I'm not opposed by any means, but I would rather think of my new year in terms of goals that are achievable and that I can check off my list. Anyone who knows me knows I make a daily list of "to-do" and work through the day crossing them off to feel accomplished and organized. I'm going to approach the new year in the same manner. Taylor created her own list of goals-- "13 in 2013"-- and I am going to follow suit! This new year brings a lot of changes for me, including but not limited to: graduation, marriage, living in a new city, getting a job-- so these goals will help keep me focused!

goals: ryann's 13 in 2013
  1. Graduate from Wofford with a 3.9 cumulative GPA. 
  2. Continue in consistency with this blog! Sometimes I have dry spells but I truly get so much joy from blogging and interaction with the blogging community. 
  3. Create a booklist (of the titles I've been wanting to read forever!) and read for the FUN of it!
  4. Commit to daily scripture reading. I got a jump start on this with the "She Reads Truth" advent devotional and I love it. I highly recommend this interactive study!
  5. Continue my work in the Wofford communications office and save (at least) half my earnings. 
  6. Become more intentional in the daily ministry of my life. 
  7. After the wedding, try at least two new recipes a week and plan out meals for us. 
  8. Run a 5K, and upon completion, work towards a 10K. 
  9. Closely related, lose 10-15 pounds by the wedding with a healthy lifestyle that can be maintained. 
  10. Land my dream job-- anything related to writing, event planning, public relations, social media marketing, and creative communications-- or all of the above!
  11. Find a church/Bible study group in the new city we move to after Andrew begins graduate school and grow in friendship and fellowship with new people. 
  12. Work on less excess-- in many senses. If I don't wear it, donate it. If I have it, use it. If I don't really need it, don't buy it. You get the idea. 
  13. Get writing published in a local magazine to add to my resume and portfolio. 
May he give you the desire of your heart 
and make all your plans succeed
-Psalm 20:4

Happy New Year, friends! What are your goals, plans, and resolutions?
-rk

5 comments:

  1. Get it girl! Those goals are fantastic - I'm definitely working on being more intentional in my scripture reading!! I'll keep you accountable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding a church was one of my goals last year. After we found one in raleigh it really help me stay motivated in all my spiritual goals! If you make a move near raleigh let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year! You have some very exciting goals for the year - I really need to work on my own list. I love your 5k, then 10k plans in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you! Achievable goals are ESSENTIAL in my life. I love being able to cross things off my list when I have finished them. Running a 5K and 10K are on my list as well, and so is getting back into a healthier lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your goals! I have similar ones this year- especially with getting more into reading the scripture daily! I really want to take it more seriously this year. Jesus gave us so much and the least I can do is honor him more.

    Keep up the good work! =)

    ReplyDelete