Sunday, March 17, 2013

My first bridal shower!

"My rule is, if it's not moving, monogram it."

We've all heard that noteable quote from dear Mrs. Reese Witherspoon, haven't we?! 
I just love it. 

I love it so much in fact, that my sweet, sweet friends threw me a "Monograms and Mimosas" bridal shower this weekend, and it was just lovely!


My five best friends from Wofford and my Little who now goes to UVA (all bridesmaids!) worked so hard to put together a wonderful first pre-wedding party for me! They rented a room at an awesome local restaurant called Cribb's Kitchen and created a great set up for our group with gorgeous flowers, a set menu with choices of french toast casserole, chicken and waffles, and much more (yum!) and even a monogrammed cake. We filled out funny mad libs that were supposedly going to be my vows to Andrew... so hilarious! I was overwhelmed with all the love from my sweet friends as I opened sweet notes and fun monogrammed goodies!

From my hostesses- I'm SO excited to use this at the reception and in our new home!!

"Okay guys, does this mean I have to start cooking now?!"

That cake tasted just as good as it looked... so did the M&Ms!
My wonderful friends and fabulous hostesses!
Maids of Honor Natalie and Parkes!

All the lovely ladies who made my shower so special!

It's moments like these that make me so thankful for this time in my life and remind me to truly appreciate the many blessings that Andrew and I share. Through all the stress in planning and coordinating, it's so wonderful to remember how many special people God has put in our lives to support us in this exciting time! So much love to all of you!

-rk

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that dress!! And all of the pink and green monograms of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing better than a monogram party! That Reese is one smart lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I love the monogram party!! :)

    ReplyDelete