Friday, May 17, 2013

seasons.

Let me start off with an apology. I looked at my last post, dated May 4. Today is May 17. How's that "blog-everyday-in-May" thing going for ya, Ry?! Obviously not very well. I promise I don't have commitment issues... Andrew can vouch for me.

These past few weeks have been a whirlwind and I'm trying really hard to not get caught up in to many things and just enjoy the present. It's so easy for me to get caught up in everything revolving around the end of school, graduation, the wedding, the new house, and job searching. It's so easy to forget to revel in the blessings and joy I'm experiencing at the present moment. I'm trying hard to rest and be content, just like the verse in my only May challenge blogpost. So, I'm sorry friends. I promise after this weekend I will be better to y'all! The reason for this is that today marks the beginning of....

 GRADUATION WEEKEND. dun.dun.dun.

I literally can't believe it. I could have sworn yesterday I was graduating from high school and moving into my freshman dorm. Everyone always asks, "Are you excited to graduate?! Are you ready?!" However, it wasn't until last night when I was sitting on my porch with my roommate and best friend Jennings that I realized... I'm ready. 

Not that I haven't completely loved and fully embraced my time as a college student. I will be sad to leave Wofford, a place where I have been blessed with much knowledge, many opportunities and numerous individuals who have loved me, supported me and built me up to become the person I am today. This familiar verse has been on my heart as of late:

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the Heavens:
-Ecclesiastes 3:1

Oh yeah, and this song:


Wait. I might be tearing up now. 

Leaving high school, I was sad. Not that I thought it would be the peak of my life, but it's never easy leaving the familiar. But coming to college was one of the best things I've done. I wouldn't trade it for anything. And now, as I leave this place that I've made my home, I understand that it's time to move on.  This campus and community will always have a special place in my heart, but God has bigger and better things in store for me. And I think I'm ready and open to the challenge.

This next season of life I'm going to have to learn to become a Godly wife, to make a home in a new place, to take care of myself and my husband, to find contentment in a new job (whenever that comes and whatever it will be), and so much more.

I like to be pretty "real" here, so I just wanted to lay it all out there for y'all. This is what has been running through my head these past two weeks of blog silence. As promised, I will be back soon after graduation for a full recap. Now that I'm done with exams I'm looking forward to catching up on all your blogs that I've missed reading. You guys bring me so much joy-- and I'm thankful for that!

Happy Friday, my friends. 

-rk

1 comment:

  1. I am in this exact same stage of life, and I am so glad you shared this post. Just what I needed to hear! You have so many wonderful things ahead of you and I know that God will bless you many times over!

    ReplyDelete