Friday, June 7, 2013

bachelorette weekend recap!

So I'm two weeks late, but I didn't want to miss out on sharing the fun that was my bachelorette weekend! I have two Maids of Honor (I am just the luckiest!!! :) ), my best friends Parkes and Natalie from high school:

The "Trio," as we call ourselves!

 It took a lot of coordination because of my maids being spread out all over the south, but they planned an incredible Memorial Day weekend bachelorette bash in Hilton Head Island, one of my favorite places in the world! We stayed at a beautiful Marriott condo with beach access and multiple pools that we took advantage of on our first full day there.

The first night we were sort of waiting for everyone to arrive (poor Martha got stuck in ATL traffic and spent about 9 hours in the car from Nashville!) so we took it easy and headed to a Hilton Head classic, the Salty Dog! We enjoyed fruity drinks as we waited for our order from Jake's Pizza to arrive and nommed on some awesome pepperoni slices as we caught up, people watched, and spent some quality time together. Of course, no visit to the famous Salty Dog Cafe is complete without a stop in the gift shop, and we all came away with some goodies!



After our low-key dinner, we came back to the room to hang out and my MOHs organized a couple group games to test how well I knew Andrew and how well my maids knew me! It was hilarious and a great way to break the ice for the girls who didn't know each other as well!

I bought all the girls the incredibly cute mason jar tumblers I've seen everywhere and personalized them with their monograms on a ribbon that matched the color of their bridesmaids dresses. They were a hit and a staple the whole weekend! 


After a long day in the sun on our second day together we came back to the room and got ready for our big night out! We had reservations at my favorite Mexican restaurant on the island, Aunt Chilada's, and enjoyed some yummy drinks, tacos, and burritos for our dinner. After dinner we went to Frosty Frog's, a pizza joint and slushie place right down the street. Of course, with my pink sash and my ginourmous posse with me, we were noticed by everyone in the bar/restaurant and were well taken care of. Our bartender was fondly referred to as "Jimmy Neutron" by the locals because of his outrageous hairstyle, but the locals we met were characters themselves! I had a delicious peach slushie and we all had a great time mingling and being silly, just as girls do on bachelorette parties! 

my Wofford girls! (minus Lea!)

my sweet cousin, Sarah, and my MOHs at Frosty Frogs!

girls just wanna have fun!

We headed back to the room not terribly late and just hung out, had a mini dance party, the usual! I was sad when all my girls had to leave the next morning, but it was so wonderful having all of them together at one time before the wedding (minus Lea, who was off having European adventures... but she was certainly missed!)! I was so pleased that my friends from different parts of my life all got along so well and had so much fun together. I have the most wonderful group of maids and I cannot imagine this fun time without them-- it makes me even more excited for the wedding weekend!

all the girls, minus Lauren and Lea!

Speaking of wedding... 
only 22 days to go!!!!!

Sorry I've been MIA lately... isn't it funny how life gets in the way sometimes? I've missed blogging and will try to keep y'all more updated on my last days as Miss K! Happy weekend, my friends!

-rk

3 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! You know the Salty Dog is my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that sounds like the PERFECT weekend!! So glad you had a great time, can't wait until you're recapping your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I had no idea the wedding was so soon! I can't wait to hear all about it with the recap but go have fun and don't worry about blogging until after the honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete