Sunday, July 7, 2013

[guest blogger]: Whitney at The Observant Turtle!

Hey everyone! I'm Whitney and I blog over at The Observant Turtle. I'm so happy that Ryann asked me to guest post for her while she's off getting hitched.

I've been blogging for almost two years now and it's been such a great experience! Mostly because I moved a thousand miles away from home shortly after starting my blog. I wanted to find things to do in Houston and found so many new friends in the process!

I've always been really into social media and usually the first to jump on the bandwagon of new social media sites. Unfortunately, when I got married back in July 2011, I wasn't aware of Pinterest yet. It wasn't a huge thing like it is now, so I had to scour the internet to find inspiration for my big day! I found myself settling and compromising on quite a few things that I really wanted for the sake of our budget or my family's opinion. Don't get me wrong-- our big day was absolutely flawless. If something went wrong, I was never told! It was a gorgeous day. But since Pinterest has taken off, I've been made aware of so many cool things that I never knew existed before we got hitched!

In case you didn't know our wedding was navy and pink. (Here are pictures of the wedding party, ceremony and reception.) It was such a classic and preppy combination, but I've really been drawn to gray and yellow recently! So, even though our big day was awesome, here's how our big day might have been different if Pinterest had been around when I got married:












If you've gotten married, is there anything you would change? If not, do you go to Pinterest for a lot of ideas?

1 comment:

  1. I am not married, not even in a relationship, yet as a girl my wedding is planned on pinterest! My mom and I have talked about how pinterest has become such an essential in the wedding planning process! I love the colors you picked out for the pinterest wedding! Can always plan a wedding to renew your vows ;)

    xo. Kailagh

    ReplyDelete