Monday, July 1, 2013

[guest post]: Lindsey at Turtles and Pearls!

Hi Unspeakable Joy readers! My name is Lindsey and I blog over at Turtles and Pearls. I've been reading Ryann's blog for a long time now and am so excited that she is now a Mrs! I remember when she first announced her engagement, and it literally seems like it was yesterday. Ryann and Andrew, I am so excited for you both! Congratulations!

While Ryann is away on her honeymoon, she asked me to guest blog and I jumped at the opportunity. Although I am extremely jealous, I thought I would share what I would bring if I were honeymooning with my new hubby. (Disclaimer: I'm not married...or even engaged! This list is purely hypothetical.)

honeymoon essentials

First, a cute coverup is essential. This one from Lilly Pulitzer definitely caught my eye, but I've heard that Target has a similar one for a fraction of the price. I love the idea of wearing white on my honeymoon as an extension of the wedding, plus white always looks great against tan skin.

Next (I know this is a given), be sure to bring plenty of sunscreen. Also try to remember to reapply it every 2 hours. There's nothing worse than getting a painful sunburn, but even more so when you're on a special vacation. Aveeno sunscreen is by far my favorite because it doesn't feel greasy and actually smells pretty good.

If you're traveling out of the country, be sure both yours and your husband's passports are ready to go in advance. In addition, I like keeping my passport with my plane ticket, and this cute organizer makes that easy to do. As an added suggestion, check and see what currency you'll need if you're traveling to another country and try and get your currency converted in advance.

The next thing on my "must bring" list is this adorable Kate Spade Mrs. necklace. I think this necklace would be a perfect gift for a bride. It is something that I would love to wear both on my wedding day and throughout my honeymoon. As an added plus, this necklace is both delicate and simple, which would make it an easy addition to any outfit.

When I'm sitting on the beach, I always like to enjoy a fruity adult beverage or two and I know my honeymoon would be no exception. Sun + alcohol + no water = one big headache, so make sure to stay hydrated! This tumbler from Marley Lilly would be perfect to carry around to sip water from while showing off your new married monogram. And again, wouldn't this be a perfect gift for a bride?

Last, but definitely not least, a cute beach bag is a must. This Kate Spade tote sums it up perfectly. After months of wedding planning and the excitement of a wedding day, rest, relaxation, and spending plenty of time with your new hubby is definitely a necessity.

What items would you bring along on your honeymoon? Feel free to share!

1 comment:

  1. have really a collection of fashionable accessories . I like your blog, useful information. good effort. These products are helpful for beauty I think. Wishing your success.
    Here is to inform beauty products boutiqueken

    ReplyDelete