Sunday, July 28, 2013

our nest: gallery wall inspiration

Thankfully, we're pretty much settled in our cute new house (thank goodness!) All we're missing is our rug (a few weeks late... tick tock, Rug and Home!) and some familiar faces to fill the many frames scattered about shelves, tables, and more.

However, we do have a particularly naked wall about the couch in our living room that I would like to fix. I really want to do my best to showcase our style and personality through our decor since we're renting and painted walls are a no-no. Lately I've been inspired by the gallery wall trend, but I'm not sure how to go about it... and how to start my "collection" of photos, art, typography, and other items to frame and display. Here are a few options I'm considering:

b&w with clean lines?
via

mirror, mirror?
via
colorful & whimsical?
via

shelves on shelves on shelves?
via

the midas touch?
via
Which would you choose for your home? Have you tried your hand at the gallery wall and had any luck? Give me your tips and advice, my friends!

-rm

4 comments:

  1. I have the shelves on shelves in my little room and I love that but I also love the colorful option and also the gold option! so fun RYRY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the shelves a lot too, maybe I can throw some gold in there for the best of both worlds?! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh I like them all! Shelves could be easier since you could put more than just hang-able things on them! The colorful is so fun too, but it could get really crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm leaning towards the shelves, too! Non-commital, but still put together! Thanks for your input!!! ;)

      Delete