Friday, August 23, 2013

5 on Friday!

TGIF, y'all. I'm linking up for "Five on Friday"... you should too!


{one} 
Many thanks to my sweet readers who weighed in on my iPhone case predicament! I'm still up in the air, but I'm currently obsessed with this Emily Ley case. However, my wallet is cringing as this cutie sits in my shopping cart awaiting my decision to splurge...


{two}
I'm sure most everyone else has mentioned this for their "5 on Friday," but I am SO ready for fall. Last week Raleigh was such a tease... I wore jeans to the farmer's market! And yet, yesterday my outfit went right to the hamper since I sweated completely through my dress. (I know, attractive right?) I'm all about some Pinterest fall fashion... 

via
via

{three}
I have become obsessed with New Girl on Netflix. While Andrew has been in class I've been at home getting the house together and finishing up my thank you notes. I wanted to find a show to have on so I'm not so lonely and I think I hit the jackpot. Seriously, I don't know what I love most about this show. Zooey Deschanel is quirky and awkward and it's so great. And she dresses so cute. And the guys she lives with are hilarious and dysfunctional. I highly recommend it for a few laughs!


{four}
On that note, as of 5:30 this evening, Andrew has finished his first week of grad school at NC State and I am so proud of him! Architecture students have studio (a.k.a a 4-5 hour lab) three times a week as well as regular classes and Andrew has already worked so hard on his assignments. It's only the first week and he's already been communicating with his group for a project and doing research in the library and reading for his classes. I gotta give him some credit... I am SO over school and don't think I could do any more!
this might be the cutest/coolest Pillow Pet I've ever seen. Go Pack! Can I haz it?

{five}
As mentioned in yesterday's post, I am having serious college nostalgia, especially when it comes to my sorority. As y'all may know, I was VP of my ZTA chapter and basically lived and breathed turquoise blue and steel grey for years. It's so hard to believe I won't be a part of recruitment at Wofford this year, but hopefully I can get involved with the alumnae chapter here and volunteer with ZTA at NC State or UNC! Some of my Wofford sisters have made these their cover photos on Facebook and I thought they were so clever, I just had to share!



Thanks for hanging with me this week, loves! Hope your Friday is fabulous and your weekend is wonderful!

-rm 

16 comments:

  1. Loooove those fall fashions! I'm so ready for the weather to cool down a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, girlfriend! I love the layered look!

      Delete
  2. I am totally having college and sorority nostalgia too!!! Every time I see something about college move in, I get so jealous and just want to shout "enjoy it! it all goes by so fast!!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right! Who would have thought I would miss obnoxious chanting and silly dances and long sorority meetings?! At least we had such wonderful experiences that are easy to miss! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm loving that vest! I can't wait for the fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! cool weather get here already!!!

      Delete
  4. Loving those looks for fall! I am so torn between looking forward to fall and dreading it because I know that winter is so close behind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I feel like I'm always anxious for the next season but when it comes I'm not as excited!

      Delete
  5. Stopped by from the link up! I'm with ya on the fall weather! Summers had its run now bring on the Fall! New Girl is super cute! Glad to hear its on Netflix now. I have a friend who went to Wofford and I think she may of been a ZTA too! Meredith Jones? She graduated a few years ago. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to have you-- I'm a new follower of yours as well! Yes I definitely know Meredith... she was a senior when i was a freshman. What a small world! Thanks for saying hi!!

      Delete
  6. I am beyond ready for fall! Last week I got a little too eager and wore jeans and sweater one day... sweaty. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I am known to jump the gun on that too! I always love the change! Hope yours was wonderful!

      Delete
  7. Oh fall!! I don't think it will hit us until late November! :( But I will be in SC in late Sept. so I'll get to experience it then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And SC fall sure is the best!!! :)

      Delete
  8. I love New Girl! It is probably one of my favorite shows to watch, it's just so awkward and funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE those outfits!! I have been searching everywhere for come cute cheetah flats and finally found them at Target AND they were on sale, score! So excited for fall too but sadly it's in the 90's here in Tennessee :( Hoping for cooler weather in the near future!! :)

    ReplyDelete