Monday, August 26, 2013

falling for Lilly.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to partake in the Lilly Pulitzer Endless Summer Sale-- I'm trying to be better about shopping, especially since I am on a strict newly budget. And quite frankly, I don't truly need anything else for summer. However, in light of the sale, I've been dreaming about how I would style some of the Lilly 2013 Fall Collection. Here are a few of my favorite pieces: 
{1}
I can't tell you how long I've been wanting an Elsa top. I debated buying a turquoise one last spring but I just can't decide if it looks good on me. I love the versatility of the top, but my mom hates it because she says it just swallows me and makes me shapeless. Nonetheless, I'm dying over this chevron Elsa.. it would look so cute with my colored royal blue jeans!

{2}
This Hayden Cardigan is absolutely gorgeous. It's a little out of my price range, but it looks so effortlessly chic I can't help but drool over it. I love how it's so simply styled in the catalog-- it looks so timeless!

{3}
This Isabella sweater dress is just precious. I love the bright, bold colors. I love a sweater dress with riding boots and this one is a fun twist on a plain solid color.


4 / 5 / 6

{4}
I'm loving the simplicity of the Jamie sweater. Obviously, it's not truly built for warmth, but it's reminiscent of one of my favorite dresses of the summer-- the Marie Kate Battenberg Lace! It's a great way to add interest to a simple white top!

{5}
I'm definitely a scarf lover, and the Tusk In Sun Murfee is no exception. I've always wanted something in the print and the scarf is the perfect solution to add pop to any outfit. 

{6}
Another sweater dress for the win! the Santana is a fun chevron done well. I first chose it because I thought it was black and gold (Go Terriers!) but it's actually navy, which I like just as much! A little hint of glitter glams up the dress for a night out, or it could be paired with riding boots yet again or casual flats for a day at the office or out shopping!

What are some of your favorite pieces? Any Lilly you can't live without this fall?!

-rm 

7 comments:

  1. I couldn't shop the sale either, due to our newlywed budget! But I am dying for an elsa top, they are so cute, comfortable, and easy to style! Also, the Hayden cardigan is one of my all time favorites! Maybe some of these items will make an appearance Christmas morning ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cardigan makes me swoon!! And the elephant scarf, adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto friend! But lusting over the fall dresses!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the Fall Lilly but I am really trying to save all my Lilly purchases for the New Year's Cheer sale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came across your blog...I think I saw your wedding pictures on Charlotte's blog. But I have been a long time admirer of Lilly, might just have to break down and buy something eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of those pieces, you NEED the Hayden Cardigan and the Santana Sweater Dress. They are to.die.for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just recently discovered your blog! After missing out on the Tusk In Sun print last fall, I had to splurge and treat myself to the Murfee scarf this fall, since I'm obsessed with elephants! My other favorite print from Fall 2013 is the pink and navy frog print called Get Hoppy. I bought the Gretchen Dress in that print for a casual event I have coming up in October. I love the Elsa top- I only have one and it's cotton rather than silk. I wish Lilly would make them in cotton again. Although the silk is gorgeous I try to avoid buying dry clean only clothes as much as possible!
    -Liz
    pearlsgowitheverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete