Friday, August 30, 2013

Five on Friday: more randomness.

Yay! It's that time of the week again. For some reason I just LOVE this link-up. I'm all about some randomness and to be honest, I rarely plan my blog posts. This kind of post is perfect for me to put down all the thoughts bouncing around in my head to share with y'all! 


{one}
I was so excited when I heard the Nordstrom has shoes on sale up to 40% off! Paired with a gift certificate that has been burning a hole in my pocket, this is an opportunity I don't feel like I can pass up. For some reason I am stuck on the "statement flat" and loving the pink. I'm obsessed with the Kate Spade one, but they're a little more expensive and I've heard they're not as comfortable. I've heard great things about Sam Edelman flats but I'm just not sure I'm sold. Do y'all have any advice?!

Sam Edelman "Felicia" flat

Kate Spade new york "Tock" flat

{two}
I'm so excited because my mom and dad are coming into town this weekend! Because of Andrew's class schedule and financial limitations, we weren't able to make big Labor Day weekend plans, but it will be great and low-key with lots of good food and city exploring! I've been homesick these days so it will be so nice to have a few more familiar faces in the capital city!


{three}
I think everyone has been blogging about this, but I am SO excited for football season to start back! I'm not sure how many games we'll actually make it to, but there's just something about wearing your team colors and knowing that fall is just around the corner! This weekend we'll be cheering on the Clemson Tigers as they take on the Dawgs and I'll be keeping up as my little Terriers battle it out in Texas against Baylor! 
Terriers on their way to Waco!

{four}
Everyone has been all about the Pumpkin Spice latte that's back at Starbucks, but to be honest, I don't think I can even think about them until the temperature drops about 10 degrees! These days I am CRAVING a Frappuccino... I don't think I've had one in a year. I'm trying to be good when it comes to my coffee drinks (money and calorie wise!) but I may just have to splurge this weekend! 



{five}
I babysat for our neighbor's little boy last night and for some reason it made me SO happy. The 3 year old is so good and sweet and according to his mother's text this morning, he just loves me! It's such a blessing to have friendly neighbors and the opportunity to get to know new people. The mom told me she gave my number to other moms down the street, and I was so appreciative! Andrew and I have been struggling with feeling "at home" here and this is definitely an encouraging step in the right direction. 

Thanks for staying tuned for my random thoughts today, sweet friends! Hope you have a fabulous long weekend!

-rm 

8 comments:

  1. those Frappuccinos look amazing! Going to Starbucks is a special treat for me, but I might have to make a trip soon because I love the Frappuccinos and they will be gone soon :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I splurged and tried a salted carmel mocha frapp today... it was so worth it! :)

      Delete
  2. Found your cute blog on the link up! Love those Same Edelman flats, I got the black ones last year! Have fun with your parents things weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much for stopping by! It was a great weekend and I got my Sam flats the other day.. .I just love them!

      Delete
  3. I simply cannot wait for the salted caramel frappuccinos to come back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried it today! so excellent! :)

      Delete
  4. I love Sam Edelman shoes. They're always a great price and so comfortable! I agree I can't think about drinking a hot drink right now! And trust me I love pumpkin spice lattes but ill wait till the temperature drops atleast to the 80's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I chose the Sam Edelmans! Maybe you could try an iced PSL?! I agree completely though... let fall come first!

      Delete