Monday, August 19, 2013

iPhone case woes!

I used to go through phone cases like it was my job. When I still had a flip phone (weren't those the days?!) I would love to go to those little kiosks at the mall that rip you off but seem to have every color, design, and cartoon character in phone case form that you could ever want. And then I upgraded to the beauty (jokes) and no case was needed!
But, here I am again, an iPhone owner and changing my phone case like I change my undies. (Okay, not that much, but you get it). I think I've tried them all: The glittery gold J.Crew case that made me feel like Ke$ha because the sparkles fell off everywhere. The Lilly case that looked great for a solid week then began to peel... but I love the bright patterns. Do I try again? And somehow I destroyed the indestructible Otterbox. Now I'm in a rut.

I'm currently using a really cheap flexible case on my iPhone 4, but I'd really like to invest in a new case that is both functional and cute. I'm not about the LifeProof cases... too expensive and I don't think I need that much protection until I have sticky baby hands close to my phone (which will not be anytime soon!) Here are a few that I'm looking at:





1 / 2 / 3 / 4

Do you have a case you love? Any advice or tips? Happy Monday, y'all!

-rm 

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE Emily Ley cases - emilyley.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea she designed cases! Definitely a front runner!!

      Delete
  2. i just bought the lilly case in lucky charms and i love it!!! i had a variety of cases (otterbox, coach etc.) but always wanted a lilly one. i love bright colors so it's super cute & summery. As far as lilly for phone protection, i'm not sure it's super durable, mine hasn't started peeling...yet (hopefully it doesnt!) I also had a problem with my otterbox- it did break, but not my fault and they sent me a new one! maybe they'd send you a new one!? but my vote is the lilly :)

    Kate
    katherinedelanoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Otterbox did break and I missed the window for my warranty, sadly! I have heard that they re-did the Lilly cases so they might be worth another try.. you're right, the bright colors just make it so irresistible!

      Delete
  3. I had a similar issue a few months ago! I got a Tory one- don't do it! They are rubbery and stretched out too much. I have a lifeproof- for the boat mainly! Don't get a hard case from TJ Maxx either- no support when you drop it. Hehe I'm no help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you told me! I entertained the idea of a Tory one but I'm glad I didn't take the plunge! You ARE helpful... it's at least good ot know what ones I don't want!

      Delete
  4. I bought a plain purple Belkin case at Verizon when I got my home and it has been one of the best investments I've ever made! I drop my phone all of the time and it hasn't cracked (yet)! I had a Lilly one for a while and it didn't last long honestly. It started peeling pretty quickly. I'd love to have a cute one but mine has just been too good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have a blue Belkin on it right now! You're right, they really are great but I just want something bright and fun... I can't help it! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness! Just started following your blog! So super cute!
    I invested in a cute turquoise Otter Box, and it peeled apart in no time. :(
    I know this sounds CRAZY but I bought my new hot pink one like 4 months ago at a Five Below, for $5!... and it's still like new! No joke! :) They had a tons of accessories is wildly different colors and patterns. Check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Claire! Surprisingly I somehow beat up my Otterbox... oh well! I've never heard of Five Below, so I will take a look!

      Delete
  6. your all iphone cases are looking beautiful. Thanks for sharing beautiful iphone. If you want to know more Airccc electronic wholesale where you can find different types of iphone cases. you can log on to: www.airccc.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so beautiful. Gorgeous designs with attractive colors. I love your collection choice. Thanks for sharing. ucuz cep telefonu

    ReplyDelete