Thursday, August 22, 2013

#tbt: Freshman year

Postgrad life is great, I will not deny that. However, there is a small part of my heart that aches as I see my friends at Wofford (and even at other colleges) posting statuses and pictures about moving in and their first day of classes. In attempts to temporarily recover from my nostalgia attack, I dedicate today's blog post to a little #tbt (throwback thursday for all you who have been living under a rock!) to my freshman year of college. 

Quintessentially college. Toga, anyone!?

Matt Wertz came to perform in Spartanburg the first week of class! We may have stalked him for this picture. 

Bid day! FINALLY a ZTA!

ZTA 80's bowling

Bubbles and Blossom at the "Never Grow Up" function

Spring Weekend shaving fight

I think it's hilarious how many of my college photos are with my friends and we are dressed up for one reason or another! I was much more of a social butterfly at the beginning of college... once I made it to the senior apartments, I was so content to just stay in with my best friends and a glass of wine or a pint of Ben and Jerry's! Hope you enjoyed a peek into my not-so-distant past.

Are you missing college as much as I am?!

-rm 

6 comments:

  1. I understand your nostalgia. I am going into my sophomore year of college. I am transferring to a new college, and seeing all of my friends post pictures of them moving in makes me miss my old school so much!

    Xoxo
    mQs
    shorelifeofm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! But just think about all the fun and exciting opportunities at your new school you get to experience-- and you can still visit all your old friends too!!

      Delete
  2. I miss college SO much, you have no idea! If only I had actually gone to Wofford... my life might be so different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the nostalgia never stops, does it?! But it's good we loved our experiences so much that we have something to miss :)

      Delete
  3. I have a love/hate relationship with my school, but I am definitely missing college a little bit! It's so convenient to have all of your friends within walking distance!! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true! Always someone to eat a meal with and do something fun with on the weekend! It's so funny how you miss the things you never thought you would!

      Delete