Thursday, October 3, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Career Day

Throwback Thursday (#tbt) posts are overwhelming my insta-feed, but I sometimes wonder why people in bloggy world don't do as many #tbt blog posts!

I was trying to think of what subjects are worthy enough to bring up again (because let's be real, I really  hate it when me feed is blown up with "#tbt"s from last week. No. You're doing it wrong). You gotta go wayyyyy back, so that's what I'm doing. 

Considering my brain is constantly on job-search mode, I figured I would enlighten my lovely readers with some of my career aspirations of days past, in no particular order. You know you wanted to do some of these things too. Sidenote: Hi, potential employers. If you're reading this, 1) Thanks for stopping by and I promise I'd be the best employee ever. 2) I promise I don't change my mind like this on what I want to be anymore. If you want me, you've got me.  Now let's get on to it!

singer.
I'm going to guess that a lot of us wanted to go this route. My obsession with a career as a pop artist came at an oddly mature age, most likely inspired by Lizzie McGuire's success in Italy. That movie was so awesome though. I can actually sing, but my musical pursuits ended when I quit viola lessons sophomore year of high school. So, on to the next one. 

girl power right here. 

veterinarian.
Also a popular kid's career choice, and it was actually pretty feasible until I realized that I'm really not that great at science. I mean, I ended up being an English major-- talk about a 180. I entertained this career choice into high school, even dreaming of vet school at UGA or Auburn. Turns out I don't like to see animals suffer and I also don't like organic chemistry. 

as much as I would love to stare at pups all day....

military.
Yes, you read that right. Anyone that truly knows me would laugh when I told them that at one point I wanted to serve in a branch of the military. No disrespect to our soldiers at all-- I am so thankful for our Armed Forces and I admire all that they do to serve our country. It's a tough job and I don't think I could do it. It's just that I don't think Keurig machines and statement necklaces are allowed in the military...

the Hilary Duff theme here is unintentional...

professional golfer.
I started playing golf with my dad when I was little but didn't truly get (semi) serious about it until high school when I was captain of the team. At that point I had moved past my middle-school dreams of hitting it big like Michelle, Morgan and Annika, but I entertained the idea of trying for a college scholarship. If you think about it, it seems like a pretty sweet gig. Getting paid to play a game you love, traveling all over, and wearing cute clothes? I'm in.



Surely there were some careers that you dreamed of at one point that you can't help but giggle at? Or maybe you're doing exactly what you've wanted to do since forever!

What did you want to be when you grew up?

-rk

3 comments:

  1. I probably saw the Lizzie McGuire movie in theaters about 3 or 4 times. That was my fav show back then! Being a singer is still my dream job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Statement necklaces can make or break a decision, let me tell ya! Loving all the Lizzie McGuire, too. I really wanted to be her when I got older ;)

    ReplyDelete