Tuesday, November 12, 2013

30 Days of Thanks: artistic outlets

Today I am thankful for my creative juices. Since I was little, I've always been an art lover. I used to do oil paintings and in high school I loved painting canvases with quotes to decorate my room. 

I don't really know how I started, but within the last few months I began making burlap door hangers. At first I just wanted a pineapple burlap for my door, then my mom saw it and wanted one, and then her friends were interested, too. Pretty soon I was churning out a few burlap door hangers every few weeks, and I began to really love it. 

So here I am today, excited to announce a little side project of mine.... 


I'm taking crafting to a new level and going to see what this burlap biz is all about! Crafting and creating are so therapeutic to me and I just love to come home from work and paint these and other pretties!




I'm really excited for the holidays to come because I've already started plans for Christmas themed decor-- I'm thinking angels, ornaments, reindeer, and more! I have also created burlap ornaments that are a great custom smaller gift to give. Be sure to like my Facebook fan page if you want regular updates and get in touch if you think you might be interested in a design for yourself or as a gift! I think I'll post some of my favorite designs on my blog so no worries if you're not about that Facebook stuff :)

I'm thankful for the resources and the artistic inspiration that pushed me to create "Shut the Front Door! {burlaps by ryann}". Here's to creativity!

-rm

4 comments:

  1. you are so wonderful! to God be all the glory!!! love your heart and your willingness to use the gifts He has blessed you with!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are adorable!? You may be hearing from me soon :)

    ReplyDelete