Monday, November 4, 2013

30 days of thanks: the blogging community.

This weekend was my first blogger meet-up and I was SO nervous. Really excited, but really nervous. I had never "met" a blogger friend in real life but was so excited when Emily texted me telling me that she was going to host a meet-up for the Southern Blog Society here in Raleigh! 

We met up at a cute restaurant in the North Hills shopping center called Coquette Brassiere. We had so much fun sipping mimosas, getting to know each other, and talking things only bloggers would understand. We laughed about awkward encounters while taking OOTD photos, how our significant others just don't "get" blogging, and how people give us the funniest looks when we talk about our "internet friends"! I had a fabulous (and massive) piece of spinach and cheese quiche-- I will definitely be going back for brunch again!

In true blogger style, we had to get some pictures before we each hit the road. I am so excited to attend more blogger events and am definitely motivated to pursue meet-ups with the ladies I talk to regularly! 


emily// life with emily

It was so fun meeting girls I've been talking with for a long time and new blogger friends who I will now start to follow! I was especially excited to meet Kathryn, who I've been chatting with since moving to Raleigh as well as Bre and Emily who I have kept up with via Twitter, text, and Snapchat!

with Bre and Emily- what fun, sweet ladies!

I am thankful for the loving, supportive community I have found through blogging. It amazes me how many sweet women I have "met" through unspeakable joy and I hope that number continues to grow!

-rm

5 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! I'm glad you posted the other bloggers links!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous that y'all got to meet! Hopefully I can meet up with y'all one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are the cutest!! oh what fun! and yay for 30 days of thanks!
    xx
    elise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Coquette, although it was my favorite when it was South. What a fun get together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad we finally met, and I hope we can see more of each other soon!

    ReplyDelete