Friday, November 15, 2013

30 Days of Thanks: a brief intermission. and forgiveness.

You guys. I'm not going to lie. 
This "30 Days of Thanks" thing is really hard. 

I'm halfway through and struggling a bit. And no, it's not hard in that I can't think of 30 things I am thankful for. Actually, it's quite the opposite. I haven't been the best in planning my posts like I had originally hoped, which then leads to me just throwing some words in a blog post and not truly giving justice to the thing/person/whatever I am thankful for. Totally NOT the point of this whole blog challenge I have given myself.

So, I'm going to do a little re-evaluation. I will still post 30 things I am thankful for, but I may not necessarily have one for each day. These past few days have been madness and sometimes the last thing I want to do is get on my computer (even if it is for a well-intentioned post!) when I could be spending quality time with the hubs or something of that nature. That may mean that you'll get two, maybe three posts in one day that I am inspired and have time to write. Sorry I'm not sorry. I just want to truly be able to dedicate enough time so each thankful post that it is worth my time to write and yours to read. I can't truly explain how thankful I am for certain people, places, experiences, and things if I don't fully dedicate myself. 

Thanks for cutting me some slack at the halfway mark, y'all. I really need to be able to put as much into this challenge as I was hoping to get out when it was put on my heart.

So, today, I am thankful for forgiveness. On many levels. I am thankful that even though I mess up, life moves forward. I am thankful that I have people that love me even when I don't do it just right. I am thankful for a Savior that shows me the ultimate meaning of forgiveness despite my ugly sin, selfishness, moments of unbelief, and inherent self-serving nature. Sometimes that really blows my mind. As hard as I try to be, I am far from perfect. And it's okay. Because I am forgiven.

-rm


1 comment:

  1. Amen. I am thankful that you are sharing your heart with us, but you absolutely do not owe your readers anything. Do what you need to do, and don't feel badly about it :)

    ReplyDelete