Saturday, November 9, 2013

30 Days of Thanks: my best Wofford friends

Today marks a month since Homecoming weekend at Wofford and the weekend I will never forget. Part of me can't believe that it's been four weeks since I lost one of my very best friends, and the other part of me feels like this has been the longest month of my life.

I love this picture. What a radiant smile and radiant red mane... Marth was always so proud of it :)

I have always been thankful for the special young women in my life that I met through my years at Wofford, but I am especially thankful this year. Martha included, each of these women have been there for me since day one in the freshman dorms, laughing over ridiculous dance parties, sharing Burwell brunches, taking walks around campus, celebrating spring break everywhere from Myrtle Beach to St. Martin, and getting each other through those those academic weeks from h-e-double hockey sticks that you think might just break you. 

As hard as it was deal with loss on a weekend that should have been so joyful, I am SO grateful to have had my best friends by my side when we found out the tragic news of Martha's passing. What incredible, strong friends that I have that can cry together, grieving loss, but also laugh remembering the many blessings that Martha brought to each of our lives. I am so thankful for my group of best friends from Wofford who I still talk with almost every day. I love having catch-up conversations with them, and though we are all working and going to school in different cities, it makes our reunions so much sweeter. 

Junior year Spring Weekend

Graduation Weekend

The apartment girls before Baccalaureate service graduation weekend

Senior spring break in St. Martin

Senior sorority bid day

We love Wofford football!

My sweet blog friends, never take your friendships for granted. I encourage you to call your best friend from high school and hug your old college roommate extra tight when you see her. Friendship is a treasure and a blessing and I am so thankful for the wonderful friendships I will surely carry with me for the rest of my life.

-rm

No comments:

Post a Comment