Saturday, November 2, 2013

30 days of thanks: my husband!


That is a face of pure joy, my friends. 

I figured it was only appropriate to start my "30 Days of Thanks" challenge with a proper tribute to my sweet Andrew. A few days ago we celebrated 4 months of marriage- I cannot believe it! My man is such a trooper. We both laugh about how we had no idea how different it would be living with a boy/girl, and he has adjusted wonderfully. He is always willing to throw in a load of laundry and he's a million times better than I am at cooking. He is learning how to handle my emotional (and sometimes unexplainable) meltdowns and always seems to know when I need some ice cream to fix my problems. He's a keeper, that's for sure!


This photo makes me smile so much- this was taken Halloween of our junior year of high school (as you can see, I'm proudly rocking my letterman jacket... ha!) before we were even dating. Silly Andy is photobombing and I just can't help but giggle. That night all our friends made us sit together at the bonfire because everyone knew we liked each other-- even though we were both blind to the fact that the other returned the sentiments. Isn't it funny how life turns out? God sure does know how to show his sense of humor.


this is about what our kitchen dance parties look like, haha!

So, if you're reading this, Andy-- this "bloog," as you call it, is all about you! Thanks for agreeing to eat one more slice of pizza so I don't feel like a fatty. Thanks for always making me laugh and loving me despite my many flaws. Thank you times a million for picking me up when I continually fall down and holding my hand in prayer at each meal. I am continually thankful for you and you bring me so much joy! 

-rm


3 comments:

  1. Y'all are the cutest! What a wonderful example example of a Christ centered marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must have got married around the same time - my hubby and I celebrate 5 months in a few days! I love your wedding dress! It is absolutely gorgeous!!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I love this! My hubby and I just moved in together a couple of days ago. It's so fun to learn each other's strengths and weaknesses. Happy 4 months!:)

    ReplyDelete