Friday, November 8, 2013

30 days of thanks: my new home of Raleigh, NC

Many apologies my friends... I have fallen down on my blogger job, but that doesn't mean I wasn't thankful yesterday despite my lack of a "30 Days of Thanks" post! I am going to post two times today (I know right?! I'm impressed with myself too!) to make up for what I missed yesterday. So let's get on with it, ladies!

Today I want to remind myself that I am thankful for Raleigh. As my long-time readers know, Andrew and I moved here this past summer so he could pursue graduate education at NC State. After living in the same city for 22 years (minus a college education in a city 30 minutes away), it's hard to move. There are some days my heart just ACHES for my sweet hometown of Greenville, S.C. However, Andrew and I are so blessed to have made our first home in this great city.

via

It's definitely different than home, but we always say that if we can't be in Greenville, Raleigh is the next best place we could be. Andrew is getting a great education, we have family friends close by, we live in the sweetest little neighborhood, and the circle of support that surrounds us grows each day. I am so thankful for the church we regularly visit, the families who let me care for their sweet babies, and the opportunity to create a new life with my husband in a new city.

-rm


No comments:

Post a Comment