Wednesday, November 13, 2013

30 Days of Thanks: the "necessities"

It's cold in North Carolina. And I'm not ready for it. 



This is what's happening outside my front door. Not okay. 

Today I am thankful for a warm, welcoming place to call home. A cold snap has hit the South, and it's frigid days and nights like these that I cannot get thought out of my head that there are many out there who are not able to simply stay warm. It breaks my heart. Today I am especially grateful for a warm meal, a home with heat, and a cozy blanket to snuggle up under when I get in bed tonight. 

To me these things are necessities, and these "necessities" are not available to all. I've done a little research and am really wanting to donate my unworn sweatshirts and "old" fleece jackets that I seem to have a million of. I'm thinking of getting involved in the Raleigh Rescue Mission coats & blankets drive. Have you ever been involved with an organization that has done a similar collection? 

How do you like to give back during the holidays? I always love to have new ideas!

-rm

3 comments:

  1. yes girl..it's bbrrrrrr cold here in wilmy too!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - I am not ready for all the coldness, event though I am ready to break out my new winter sweaters!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm another North Carolina girl not ready for the cold! One of my favorite ways to give back during the holidays is putting together a shoebox for Operation Christmas Child!
    xx Liz
    pearlsgowitheverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete