Friday, December 6, 2013

30 Days of Thanks: social media

Before you scoff at this post, hear me out. I know many of you fellow bloggers and blog readers are all about some social media, but you're probably thinking I'm crazy for writing a post about how I am thankful for it. I will admit it- at times I have an unhealthy obsession with social media, but there are some distinct advantages to living in the age of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and more.

Especially now that I have graduated and moved out of state, it becomes increasingly difficult to keep in touch with my friends and family. I try to make an effort to call my best friends and close family members, but it's hard to stay in contact even with the best of intentions. As much as I'm shying away from Facebook these days, I just can't get rid of my account because it is one of the main ways I can really see what's going on with my 239480 family members (slight exaggeration, but not much...) or my high school friends, or the friends I met at the Passion Conference years ago... you get the picture!

And if it weren't for social media, I wouldn't have the opportunity to get to know half of the lovely blog ladies that I now call my friends! I am so thankful to see the hearts of so many wonderful women through their blogs and have the opportunity to understand a little more about their lives and what is important to them through their social media handles! Can I get an amen, friends?!

In honor of my thankfulness for social media, here is my life lately according to Instagram:

If you haven't heard, go check out this post about my newest business endeavor! It has been such a blessing to make my burlap creations for friends and strangers alike! I have been working like a crazy lady to get burlap ornaments and hangers made before Christmas- I've even had to post on my Shut the Front Door! {burlaps by ryann} FB page that I cannot take anymore orders to be made in time for Christmas! God is good. 

I never really did a recap of my Virginia Beach trip, but I was so excited to have the opportunity to visit with my Little and also surprise my Grandlittle at her basketball game! 

Of course- obligatory roadtrip selfie! We had such a wonderful time visiting with our families over Thanksgiving break. I'm already ready for Christmas!

Ta Da!!!! Introducing our very first married Christmas cards! I wish those things weren't so expensive because I want to be able to send one to ALL of my friends... blog friends included. I guess this will have to do for now, though! Know I had the best of intentions in sharing Christmas cheer with y'all :) 

-rm


4 comments:

  1. If I had my own apartment, I would order! Unfortunately, my parents are booooring. ;) And such cute Christmas cards! Thankful for social media, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your endeavor working out so well! Love the christmas card!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. First You got a great blog .I will be interested in more similar topics. i see you got really very useful topics , i will be always checking your blog thanks.
    web designer

    ReplyDelete