Tuesday, December 10, 2013

30 Days of Thanks: Wofford College

Anyone who knows me even remotely well or has been reading this blog for a decent amount of time knows my intense love of my alma mater. Just this past May I graduated from Wofford College, and I am still just as thankful for my experience there as the day I graduated!


This picture was taken my senior year of high school at a Spring Hospitality Day on campus- I was SET on becoming a Wofford Terrier and couldn't wait to get on campus! I look so little here, I can't believe it! 

I am thankful that my parents encouraged me to attend my dream college. I am thankful for receiving scholarship that made this decision much easier for them. I am thankful for a learning environment that welcomed my "undecided" freshman self and challenged me academically each day, leading me towards a passion for writing and a declaration as an English major. I am thankful for the incredible faculty and staff that encouraged and challenged me to become a better person and a better leader. I am thankful for the incredible travel opportunities to travel all over the globe studying with Wofford professors and some of my best friends. I am thankful for the opportunity to serve as Vice President to an incredible group of Greek women. I am thankful for the place where I met some of the most wonderful friends I could ever imagine having. Most importantly, I am thankful for the community that Wofford provided everyday and still does. 


I can name very few professors that would dress up with their students at an annual college golfcart racing event... but Dr. Ware, next to me in the silver shorts, really embraced it!


Tailgating traditions at Wofford were the best. 


I am so honored to have been chosen to represent my sorority and the college as a whole my senior Homecoming!


What a joy to celebrate graduation from such an incredible institution with my closest friends!


Wofford was perfect for me. I loved the fact that you actually said "hello" to whoever you passed on the sidewalk between classes. That classes sizes were intimate, allowing for more than just simply student-professor relationships, but real conversations and even hugs for the favorites after advising sessions. That you knew the sweet old lady working at the on-campus coffee shop. That I had the opportunity to eat lunch with the college's president. That I was able to learn and grow in an environment that made me a better person, a better leader, a lover of learning, and a part of something much bigger than myself. 

Dear old Wofford, hail!

-rm


1 comment:

  1. Our posts match today! I wrote about Winthrop :) My dad always said he wanted me to go to Wofford! It's such a beautiful campus and I have great memories there.

    ReplyDelete