Friday, December 13, 2013

5 on Friday: 30 Days of Thanks Edition!



For this edition of "5 on Friday" linkup with Darci, April, Christina and Natasha (thanks ladies!), I wanted to continue on and work towards 30 Days of Thanks" challenge! I never intended on having to continue into December for this series, but I'm fine with it- it's more time to really appreciate my blessings past Thanksgiving and on into the Christmas season :) But I'm not going to lie- I'm ready to do some Christmas posting! Let's get going then!

{one}
I am thankful for the kiddos in my life. When we first moved to Raleigh, we knew almost zero families. Today, after almost 5 months here, I am blown away by the love we have been shown from so many families in our little neighborhood area. That's one of the most wonderful things about our home in Raleigh- it is part of such a community. First our neighbor with two little boys reached out to us, and I began to sit for her. Then she referred me to multiple other sweet families and now I am so overwhelmed by the kindness of the mamas who let me take care for their littles and the joy that these kids give me! I'm not ready anytime soon, but they make me so excited when the time will come to have my own kiddos! 



{two}
I am thankful for cozy winter nights at home. More specifically, dinner with my husband and Netflix marathons. There is nothing I love more than coming home and making dinner with Andrew and either doing our respective work we need to get done in the evening or hanging out on the couch with a "new" episode  on Netflix. Our latest addiction? How I Met Your Mother. Past favorites are too numerous to count: Mad Men, New Girl, The Office... who needs cable!? 

{three}
I'm thankful for my new business. Seriously, this is the happiest I have been in a long time and I am so thankful that I took the plunge and put my heart into Shut the Front Door! {burlaps by ryann}. My friends and family have been SO good to me during the holiday season... I even had to stop taking orders a week ago in order to guarantee I could get everything done by Christmas! If you haven't yet, go "like" my FB fan page! Here are a few of my favorite holiday creations as of late: 





{four}
I am thankful for NC State University. This week Andrew finishes up his first semester of grad school and I could not be more proud of him. I am so glad he found a great architecture program with classmates he likes and supportive professors. He's done so well and I know his hard work will really pay off!

{five}
I am thankful for the Trio! As I eagerly anticipate heading back to SC next weekend, I must say that I am SO looking forward to reuniting with my two best friends. We're pretty used to being spread out, considering we each went to different colleges, but I am about to burst from being away from them so long! Their recent visit to Raleigh just wasn't enough. I am so grateful for their constant encouragement and love, especially as we all struggle navigating the waters of post-grad life. If you're reading this, P and Nat, I'm coming for ya SO soon! In honor of the happy reunion, here's a Christmas throwback picture from high school:

I promise I love them.

Happy weekend, friends! 

-rm


4 comments:

  1. That gingerbread man is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Sam and I do pretty much the same thing every night too. We decided not to get cable and have been watching "Lost" on Netflix like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO love your thankful heart and all of the merriness of this post!!
    Happy, merry weekend, love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I love the name of your company (SO clever!) I literally laughed out loud. I'm so glad that you were welcomed in your new home. I recently moved to Louisville, KY from York, PA and struggled at first to meet people. And netflix nights with the boyfriend are definitely something I look forward too!

    Angi@ cantbuymelovvve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete