Tuesday, February 4, 2014

a big announcement!

via

No, I'm not pregnant. Y'all are going to have to wait a loooooong time for that announcement (Lord willing)! I'm excited to finally make the announcement here on my bloggity-blog that
 I HAVE A BIG GIRL JOB!
(note: does referring to it as a "big girl" job make me not a "big girl"? whatevs.)

Yes!!! Finally, after many months of writing cover letters (25 letters, to be exact... sheesh), filling out applications, networking, composing emails, briefly experimenting with retail (NEVER AGAIN) and filling my schedule with various babysitting jobs, I made it. I will miss the families so much that I have been nannying for (I might have cried just thinking about it), but I am definitely ready to move on and begin my first job that will set the tone for my career path. It's scary and awesome all at the same time. 

I will be working as a SEO (search engine optimization) copywriter at a internet marketing firm here, so I am very excited to be able to put my college degree, creativity, and love of writing into projects every day. This doesn't mean the end of Shut the Front Door {burlaps by ryann}, though! It will just have to become more of an "after hours" job! 

I am so thankful for the love and support from so many of my family, friends, and blog friends (especially my local girls!) during this long, tough process. The past 6 months have brought many life changes- some good, some bad- and the search has been grueling. Some days I felt like I was worthless and that I had nothing to contribute to the "real world". And I know there will be tough days once I get in the office, too. But, just like I've done these past few months, I must continually remind myself that I am not defined by what I do. I am identified through the grace of God and what He has already done! What a blessing that is. 

So, wish me luck as I head into the office for my first day tomorrow! Any advice for making my morning commute, getting adjusted to waking up early, or surviving cubicle life? I'd love to hear from y'all :)

-rm

15 comments:

  1. YAY! CHEERS! Congratulations, girlie!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Congrats! I think this calls for a celebration meet-up and froyo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOHOO So happy for you!!!! That is great! I know you will do BIG things there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAHOO!!! So, so happy for you!! I know you've been patiently waiting for the right job to come along and I am so glad that the Lord has provided! I can't wait to hear all about it! Drink lots of coffee (preferably out of cute mugs;) and decorate your space to reflect you and I hope you have the best first day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Hooray! I am so excited for you Ryann! Good things come to those who wait :) SO proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! I wish you all the happiness with your new job!! {So glad you got out of retail- been there, NEVER doing that again!}

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!! Congrats lady!! What a blessing, so happy for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!! Congrats!! So exciting! Good luck tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy for you! I started drinking coffee a few months after I started working, but I think you've got that down already ;). Drink lots of water, too - that will make you get up and take a lap to the bathroom and water fountain every so often. The making lunch routine is also great for saving money and staying healthy. Best wishes for your new job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the new job! Hope you have a great first day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Congrats, it sounds like you deserved it!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Ryann!! I'm still working on finding a big girl job, it's definitely a tough market out there. I know that you're gonna rock it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay, Ryann! So happy for ya! I hope your first day went splendidly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just read this post Ryann! So happy for you and hope your first week has gone splendidly! God's faithfulness and provision really is amazing! After I was laid off from my first "big girl job" I went nearly three years without a full-time job, but now I have the most amazing full-time job, better than anything I could have asked or imagined!!! And I would love to meet up for coffee sometime!
    -Liz
    pearlsgowitheverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete