Monday, February 24, 2014

say hello to Gypsy Girl Boutique!

Y'all know that I am no fashion blogger. I would like to think that I have good fashion sense, but I could NOT do what some many of my awesome blogger friends do and regularly plan and document super fabulous outfits... or at least I thought I couldn't, until the sweet ladies at Gypsy Girl Boutique gave me an opportunity to try it! 

I was so flattered when I got an e-mail from Melissa of Gypsy Girl Boutique offering to send me one of their fab pieces to review. She was so nice and flexible through the whole process, and even held tight during last weekend's snow storm, when I had originally planned to style the beauties they sent me! Since this weekend's weather was so beautiful, I couldn't help but throw on the cute Queen Bee Tunic Dress and the Hook Bangle in blue they sent for some Saturday errands. I asked the hubs to take pictures for me, and it was actually really fun! Who knows, y'all might be seeing more fashion posts from me sometime soon. Check out how I styled the pieces:





dress & bangle c/o Gypsy Girl | LOFT utility jacket | JCrew Factory belt (similar) | Kate Spade Raquelle satchel | Tory Burch Gold Cap Toe Cami flats | Michael Kors watch | David Yurman bracelet & ring | Lily & Laura bracelet

I originally picked this dress since it looked so versatile, perfect for the office or a night out, but upon trying it on I realized it miiiiight be a tad too short for the workplace-- but with tights and boots, maybe I can make it work! The length is my only complaint, but the listing gave full disclosure, saying that this particular piece was recommended to be ordered a size up. Just as a point of reference, this is a size L dress, and I usually wear a 6-8 for dresses. However, GG's return policy is flexible and the ladies are sweet, so I'm not worried about my next purchase :)

I think part of what draws me to Gypsy Girl Boutique is the story behind the clothes. Gypsy Girl was started by Brooks and Melissa, two busy ladies who have a passion for fabulous fashion at a great price. They wanted to start an online boutique as a creative outlet after 10 years of desk jobs, and as a solution to their constant search for style on a budget! As a small business owner myself, I love supporting small businesses owned by driven individuals dedicated to sharing their passion and creativity with others. Check out Gypsy Girl Boutique for yourself!

Be sure to visit Gypsy Girl Boutique:

web / facebook / instagram: @gypsygirlboutique / twitter: @shopgypsygirl

Thank you again, Gypsy Girl Boutique! I loved being a fashion blogger for a day, and who knows, maybe this is something I can do a little bit more! Have a great week, blog friends! 

-rm

5 comments:

  1. You are gorgeous, Ryann! And you have great style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dress and color on you! You could totally be a fashion blogger. And I'm so envious of your hair too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute on you! I love the colors. You'd be an amazing fashion blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh that is such a pretty dress! The pattern is pretty awesome and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors..blue and yellow is one of my favorite combinations!

    ReplyDelete